Ride Devon ticket?

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by Gettingtowork, 14 Apr 2019.

1. Gettingtowork

Gettingtowork Member

Recently when I was checking the price for the Ride Cornwall ticket (unlimited trains and buses in Cornwall and out of Plymouth for the day) on brfares.com I noticed that there was a Ride Devon ticket listed - although with no price.

This year they seemed to get rid of the Devon Evening Ranger (a shame), but if they brought in a Ride Devon ticket that worked in a similar way to the Cornwall version that would be great. Does anyone know if there are any plans afoot?

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. plymothian

plymothian Member

Plans are afoot for a few new rovers, including a "Ride Devon".

4. superalbs

superalbs Established Member

5. AnthonyRail

AnthonyRail Member

No idea Devon evening ranger stopped, I was looking at doing that one day next week. Oh well.

6. JonathanH

JonathanH Established Member

7. 221129

221129 Established Member

8. richw

richw Established Member

9. Gettingtowork

Gettingtowork Member

Yes, the Devon Evening Ranger was amazing value when used to travel right across Devon especially. I'd always wondered whether it was to compete with Stagecoach's evening bus ticket (I think it's called Nite River - £3 for up to 5 people across Devon and into some of Somerset and Cornwall). In any case the Evening Ranger only used to save me a pound or two, because my journeys using it were not as long as say, Plymouth to Axminster. The trains down here are pretty empty in the evenings apart from the ones coming down from London on a Friday so I thought I could see the rationale. I wonder if it's abolition has something to to with apportioning the revenue between the three train companies?

In any case it's great to hear that a 'Ride Devon' ticket might be on its way.

10. VT 390

VT 390 Member

You can still get the Devon Ranger though which I think still offers very good value for money.