RIP Gary Speed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phil8715, 27 Nov 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phil8715

phil8715 Member

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. DarloRich

DarloRich Veteran Member

Work - Fenny Stratford(MK) Home - Darlington
  4. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Veteran Member

Dreadful news. Apparently he has hanged himself.

Condolences to his friends and family.

5. flymo

flymo Established Member

Indeed, and only 42 as well. Can't help but remember him in a Newcastle shirt, although he has played for many teams in his career.

A sad day for football, and Welsh football in particular as the team was making some good progress.

6. Paul Sidorczuk

Paul Sidorczuk Veteran Member

The most select part of rural Cheshire East.
    A very sad loss to football at only 42. He was always a very good player in his time and I remember him as a keen youngster when he played for Leeds United in the late 1980s' and early 1990's. Condolences to his family.

7. YorkshireBear

YorkshireBear Established Member

R.I.P i was shocked. A loss to foootball and in particular welsh football. Condolences to his family and friends.

8. valenta

valenta Established Member

This is absolutely awful news, extremely tradgic to die at such a young age.
    Everybody at Newcastle is indebted to him for what he did at the club, he was a truly inspirational player - a role model, and I am sure he would have been a truly great manager.
    RIP

9. SteveP29

SteveP29 Member

I'd second that, I don't think our midfield has been as tight (till now of course) since he departed for Bolton.

Very sad day

10. bb21

bb21 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

A very sad loss, of great talent.

I couldn't believe what I heard when I tuned into Radio 5 at lunchtime. He still had half of his lifetime ahead of him.

11. Greenback

Greenback Emeritus Moderator

I was extremely shocked to hear this at lunchtime today. It si a very sad loss for football, and, more importnatly, for his family.

12. anthony263

anthony263 Established Member

I was shocked to hear about this at lunchtime today.

RIP

13. DavidBrown

DavidBrown Member

Still can't believe that this has happened - just so, so tragic. I was in the car following what I could of the 142 tour and turned on 5Live not long before that Swansea v Aston Villa game started, with my only intention than of keeping up to date with the football and the F1. It's not often that news like this shocks me, but my heart just dropped and I ended up just heading home at a leisurely pace and leaving the train to do its stuff - I just wasn't in the mood anymore for following a train around. RIP to a true Toon legend.

14. Ivo

Ivo Established Member

My God; I don't know what to say. I went on my e-mail, and after was redirected to the MSN site - and my eyes lit up.

Gary Speed was always one of those nice guys in football. He was like a Charlton of his era. He was a model professional; a well-respected talent at both player and manager level - and a popular player among the top flight.

To hear of this is truly saddening. My thoughts are with his family and friends, and my sincerest condolences to fans of the Welsh team, whether they be Welsh themselves or otherwise. I can only hope that something is done for his memory - I would suggest a friendly with England, but given there have been recent competitive games between them that idea is not as strong as it could be.

Either way, RIP Gary Speed. The football world will miss you.

15. Butts

Butts Established Member

I am shocked - only watching him on Football Focus yesterday afternoon -he seemed alert and lively making an intelligent meaningful contribution.

16. Chew Chew

Chew Chew Member

RIP Gary Speed.

17. anthony263

anthony263 Established Member

I think thats what a lot of people have been commenting on this afternoon and why it has come as such a shock.

18. deltic1989

deltic1989 Established Member

rest in peace Garry. such a tragic loss to the world of football. a great talent a husband and a father. condolences to the family from myself mrs deltic and the 3 baby deltics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.