• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RIP Marco Simoncelli

Status
Not open for further replies.

20Man

The former 250cc world champion was killed during the Malaysian MotoGP race today. He ruffled a few feathers with his hard riding style but was starting to smooth things out. I'll miss the hard charger with the big hair and the big grin.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
For those who follow motorsport, and motorbikes in particular, it has been an absolute crap few months.

I was in the unfortunate position where I witnessed Ben Gautrey's fatal crash at Cadwell Park at the end of August. That had similarities to Marco's accident, in that the following riders had nowhere to go after Ben high sided.

While I never met Marco, I did watch him give a live interview with Matt Roberts and Julian Ryder at Silverstone this year. He was very witty and incredibly popular, as he got the loudest cheer of the evening when he came onto the stage. One thing for certain, is that the MotoGP paddock and stands will be a lot quieter without Super Sic and his legion of fans.

RIP #58

alanf

I can't get my head round what went wrong i saw it live and have been on youtube this evening trying to fatham it.Before anyone says it im a former biker with 7 im trying to restore (not a ghoul) and it was a major shock. I guessed instantly when his helmet came off it was probably game over and was shocked when they said he was concious.He was destined to be a future champion in this class in my opinion. RIP Marco

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.