RIP Marco Simoncelli

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 20Man, 23 Oct 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 20Man

20Man Member

The former 250cc world champion was killed during the Malaysian MotoGP race today. He ruffled a few feathers with his hard riding style but was starting to smooth things out. I'll miss the hard charger with the big hair and the big grin.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Eagle

Eagle Established Member

When I heard the news, I realized I'd watched it happen live whilst flicking between channels this morning.

Harrowing :cry:

4. YorkshireBear

YorkshireBear Established Member

Another motorsport death. Very sad news.

R.I.P

5. David

David Established Member

For those who follow motorsport, and motorbikes in particular, it has been an absolute crap few months.

I was in the unfortunate position where I witnessed Ben Gautrey's fatal crash at Cadwell Park at the end of August. That had similarities to Marco's accident, in that the following riders had nowhere to go after Ben high sided.

While I never met Marco, I did watch him give a live interview with Matt Roberts and Julian Ryder at Silverstone this year. He was very witty and incredibly popular, as he got the loudest cheer of the evening when he came onto the stage. One thing for certain, is that the MotoGP paddock and stands will be a lot quieter without Super Sic and his legion of fans.

RIP #58

6. craigwilson

craigwilson Member

A horrifying accident. Thoughts also with Rossi and Edwards who had no chance to avoid the accident.

RIP Marco :cry:

7. alanf

alanf Member

I can't get my head round what went wrong i saw it live and have been on youtube this evening trying to fatham it.Before anyone says it im a former biker with 7 im trying to restore (not a ghoul) and it was a major shock. I guessed instantly when his helmet came off it was probably game over and was shocked when they said he was concious.He was destined to be a future champion in this class in my opinion. RIP Marco

Alan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.