• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Riviera MK2 on a lorry nr. Leeds - Monday 13/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexl92

Established Member
I was travelling on the M1 southbound on Monday evening, at around 1820 and just before the point where the M1 and M621 meet I saw a lorry heading north with an ex-Riviera MK2a (or b/c) brake in Oxford blue on the back.

Any ideas where it was going/why? Normally I'd have assumed it was a Hosking project but there's no reason for them to go north with it if so.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
Several coaches from the ELR (who acquired some Riv coaches a while ago) have been sold to HNRC and moved to the Wensleydale Railway - it may have been one of them.

Clansman

Established Member
Several coaches from the ELR (who acquired some Riv coaches a while ago) have been sold to HNRC and moved to the Wensleydale Railway - it may have been one of them.

Does this apply to the one Serco have on hire for the Sleeper? If I remember rightly I recall seeing 1 mk2 coach sitting at Polmaddie 2 weeks ago: It was blue all over with a peachy coloured strip going from the edge of the door to the other, bordering the windows as well.

BestWestern

Established Member
Does 'Harry intend to return them to mainline use? Tapping into the current resurgence in LHCS hires presumably?

Status
Not open for further replies.