• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Robeston oil diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed in the past few months there have been a few additional workings to Robeston from Westerleigh and Theale on a regular basis. The rakes of Murco TEA wagons now have a few EWS beastie logo ones spliced into them. The EWS liveried tanks were not seen down in West Wales since the Robeston to Kingsbury diagram ended. I am not sure what the current status is at Robeston refinery, whether they are running more services because trade has picked up, or are they simply clearing the stockpile there?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Freightmaster

Established Member
I am not sure what the current status is at Robeston refinery, whether they are running more services because trade has picked up, or are they simply clearing the stockpile there?
The daily train from Lindsey to Westerleigh ceased operating a couple of
months ago, with a replacement train running from Robeston on a Tuesday;
so that increases the number of trains running from Robeston by one a week,
but there are three fewer trains running to Westerleigh overall now.

Theale traffic hasn't changed recently - there have been five trains a week
(Tuesday to Saturday) for several months now.

MARK

50010 Monarch

The daily train from Lindsey to Westerleigh ceased operating a couple of
months ago, with a replacement train running from Robeston on a Tuesday;
so that increases the number of trains running from Robeston by one a week,
but there are three fewer trains running to Westerleigh overall now.

Theale traffic hasn't changed recently - there have been five trains a week
(Tuesday to Saturday) for several months now.

MARK

Mark, have you any idea regarding the date of the last Lindsey to Westerleigh tanks?

I've got a video of the northbound empties at Barnt Green on Feb 26th so it looks as if this was one of the final runs. I didn't realise it was finishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.