• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Robot Wars back on BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JamesRowden

Established Member
I think that having a variety of battle grounds would improve the show.

Different features could include:
  • Pit around the perimeter
  • Steep sloped perimeter
  • Rough surface
  • Taser (to give robots an electric shock)

Contestants could setup their robot for the battle, and then one of the battle grounds which were not used in the previous battle could be randomly selected.

I also think that they should have had all four house robots in the corner patrol zones every battle.

Crossover

Established Member
I also think that they should have had all four house robots in the corner patrol zones every battle.

I thought they may have done that for the final - I think 4 ordinarily may have been a little over-burdening though and it does seem the remit of the house robots was slightly different to "normal" probably an account of the tournament style

backontrack

Established Member
I think that having a variety of battle grounds would improve the show.

Different features could include:
  • Pit around the perimeter
  • Steep sloped perimeter
  • Rough surface
  • Taser (to give robots an electric shock)

Contestants could setup their robot for the battle, and then one of the battle grounds which were not used in the previous battle could be randomly selected.

Water <D

Butts

Veteran Member
I think there should be bonus points for flipping House Robots - these are the greatest moments in the show :lol:

MonsooN

Another favourite Matilda moment from the old wars was that she continued to attack a contestant's robot after cease had been called. Craig Charles leaned over the gantry and pointed at her and yelled: "Matilda - you cease when you're told!" as if he was scolding a naughty pet!

Cut to a shot of Matilda spinning around in the middle of the arena :lol:

Butts

Veteran Member
Another favourite Matilda moment from the old wars was that she continued to attack a contestant's robot after cease had been called. Craig Charles leaned over the gantry and pointed at her and yelled: "Matilda - you cease when you're told!" as if he was scolding a naughty pet!

Cut to a shot of Matilda spinning around in the middle of the arena :lol:

Yes, I'm all in favour of House Robots mutilating contestants as well :p

Status
Not open for further replies.