• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rockstars TRAIN Requests!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Turbostar

Can I just say, the 1940 stock/Class 487 (originally Class 453) was never owned by London Underground, but by the L&SWR, then Southern Railway, then British Railways Southern Region, then Network SouthEast, until it was replaced by the current Central Line 1992-based Class 482 stock in, funnily enough 1992. London Underground took over the line on 1st April 1994 from British Rail.

wishbone332

First of all, I have BVE4, not 2, although BVE2 trains seem to work perfectly in BVE4. Secondly, I had no idea anyone was even making those trains for any BVE version, but if they are, I strongly encourage it! ;)

AlexS

Established Member
Can I just say, the 1940 stock/Class 487 (originally Class 453) was never owned by London Underground, but by the L&SWR, then Southern Railway, then British Railways Southern Region, then Network SouthEast, until it was replaced by the current Central Line 1992-based Class 482 stock in, funnily enough 1992. London Underground took over the line on 1st April 1994 from British Rail.

Can I just say, that you're completely wrong, in that the L&SWR never owned the class 487 units, as they were built in 1940, years after it ceased to exist! They were built by the Southern.

rockstar676

There was loads of mainline trains I wanted but got all desiel, electric, DMU, EMU's that I wanted from bvetrains.com, You have to use web archive to get there though.

wishbone332

Now that I think of it, there may be some very old BVE versions of these trainsets still up on the old BenoBVE site right below:

http://benobve.110mb.com/bve.html

BE ADVISED: ONLY ONE OF THE TRAINS YOU'RE LOOKING FOR MAY STILL BE UP THERE!!

It's also got a couple of sparsely-detailed, yet still interesting routes such as a fictional Metropolitan Line extension, and a rudimentary section of the Hammersmith & City line.

Images of the trains may still be up on the website, or up for download from the Web Archive. Either way, the trainsets on there are simple, barely detailed, and hurriedly-drawn and coded, but the website is also quite old, so it's understandable. However, they're likely the only BVE2 trains of that sort still around. Just use a search engine or the Web Archive, and you'll be there. :)

Last edited:

Turbostar

Can I just say, that you're completely wrong, in that the L&SWR never owned the class 487 units, as they were built in 1940, years after it ceased to exist! They were built by the Southern.

Apologies, the L&SWR owned the original stock, by the time the 487's came, it was then the Southern Railway. By the way, they were built by English Electric, not by the Southern. ;)

Now that I think of it, there may be some very old BVE versions of these trainsets still up on the old BenoBVE site right below:

http://benobve.110mb.com/bve.html

BE ADVISED: ONLY ONE OF THE TRAINS YOU'RE LOOKING FOR MAY STILL BE UP THERE!!

It's also got a couple of sparsely-detailed, yet still interesting routes such as a fictional Metropolitan Line extension, and a rudimentary section of the Hammersmith & City line.

Images of the trains may still be up on the website, or up for download from the Web Archive. Either way, the trainsets on there are simple, barely detailed, and hurriedly-drawn and coded, but the website is also quite old, so it's understandable. However, they're likely the only BVE2 trains of that sort still around. Just use a search engine or the Web Archive, and you'll be there. :)

WRONG- those trains are BVE4 only.

class 313

Established Member
WRONG- those trains are BVE4 only.

Just looking on your site and on the 'Trains' page under the Class 487 you have 'NSE (Network South Express)' which is wrong. Its Network South East.

Also you have the 1967 stock as 'is currently the oldest train running on the LU network.' Which again, is 'WRONG'. The A60/62 is older suggested by its name were built in 1960 and 1962.

Just looking on your site and on the 'Trains' page under the Class 487 you have 'NSE (Network South Express)' which is wrong. Its Network South East.

Also you have the 1967 stock as 'is currently the oldest train running on the LU network.' Which again, is 'WRONG'. The A60/62 is older suggested by its name were built in 1960 and 1962.

Feel free to correct me as I live on the other side of the world and don't know in detail what is the oldest stock running on the LU, I got everything of wikipedia.

If you could help with some corrections it would be much appreciated:)

Last edited:

class 313

Established Member
Feel free to correct me as I live on the other side of the world and don't know in detail what is the oldest stock running on the LU, I got everything of wikipedia.

If you could help with some corrections it would be much appreciated:)

I wouldn't expect you to get everything perfect then ;)

If I spot anything else I will PM you and let you know :)

Gareth Hale

Forgive me if I am wrong, but to my understanding, Rockstar is a trademark copyright.....

dan_atki

Established Member
This thread has gone hideously off topic to the extent it is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.