• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rolling stock allocations on London Midland Birmingham-Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

knight2004

Hi all, since the changes made for the 110 project has London Midland moved some of their commuter style stock from the Trent Valley services to the Birmingham New Street service to Liverpool Lime Street?

I sometimes get the slightly cheaper option via Crewe from LM
as it's often quiet and more relaxing and 3 pounds cheaper and doesn't really take any extra time to get to Manchester by changing at Crewe. Today it is one of their commuter style trains on the 14:01 Birmingham to Liverpool and not the normal with tables?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tbtc

Veteran Member
From memory, I think that 75% of the EMUs on the Liverpool - Birmingham service are 350/2s now (the one with the 3+2 seats) due to the need to keep more of the 350/1s (with tables) on the London services. Could be wrong though.

Established Member
Most of the times I've ever used a New St - Lime St LM service, a 350/2 has turned up.

MCR247

Established Member
I'd never been on a /2 to Liverpool before yesterday, bearing in mind the others would be pre December

Status
Not open for further replies.