• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rolling stock game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lrd

Established Member
Whoa.

Honest to god, that was a typo. Stupid numpad... :roll:

:p

I think we're still stuck with 455's, unless there are any 450's that turn up at Effingham Junction? Think it's still 455's to Epsom? Not to sure on that one though...

Then to Sutton on a SN class 456.

Do Southern run from Effingham Junction? Can't see anything on Live Departure Boards or NRE.

EDIT: Ignore me, found out they do!
From Sutton - London Victoria on a 377

Last edited:

Lrd

Established Member
Southeastern 465 to Waterloo East.

Or not, as you changed it!

Eagle

Established Member
Then we shall wait 15 years and take a Chiltern 168 to Oxford.

I'm going to make an adjudication and say future services are not allowed (otherwise then the past would also be allowed and this game would become a nightmare)

So we're still at... actually Class172 never spcified a station but I'm pretty sure he meant to say Bletchley. So a 377 to East Croydon it is, then.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm going to make an adjudication and say future services are not allowed (otherwise then the past would also be allowed and this game would become a nightmare)

Point of order!!

We've already had past services, if you check post 57 and 58 you will find the evidence.

;)

Eagle

Established Member
Point of order!!

We've already had past services, if you check post 57 and 58 you will find the evidence.

;)

Okay, good point.

But I still think that speculation on unconfirmed future services shouldn't be allowed—who says that Chiltern will run the Oxford–Bletchley line, who says they'll use 168s, who says it'll even get built?

Feel free to take a 220 from East Croydon :P

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
But I still think that speculation on unconfirmed future services shouldn't be allowed—who says that Chiltern will run the Oxford–Bletchley line, who says they'll use 168s, who says it'll even get built?

I would agree that no future services should be allowed. Though I'd like to add that whilst precedent has allowed past rolling stock to be used can I ask that should anyone do it again that the station they go to is a current station rather than a defunct station like Sheffield Victoria was.

Feel free to take a 220 from East Croydon

I'll take a pass and instead take a FCC 319 to London Bridge ;)

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster

So we're still at... actually Class172 never spcified a station but I'm pretty sure he meant to say Bletchley. So a 377 to East Croydon it is, then.
Yes, sorry, I meant Bletchley.

Past/Future Services: these services will not be allowed as it is not current and there are many uncertainties, you cannot predict that a certain unit will be operating an 'imaginary' service and using potentially closed lines may confuse people unaware of old services.