• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Roudham compensation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
I don't read it that they were expecting compensation for injury specifically (they were presumably assessed, or declared themselves, fit to travel).

I'm impressed that they received such a prompt reply, and £50 for unspecified expenses isn't bad. I don't see that Abellio is at fault, though the incident at Victoria is another matter.

kieron

Established Member
I get the impression that Mr Tyler and Miss Willcox would have been happier if someone from Abellio had called them to say that they're sorry they didn't feel their journey went as smoothly as they had hoped it would after they reached Cambridge, but that they were still looking into the circumstances of this.

It would probably have also helped to have asked some more questions about what had happened after then, and to establish which trains (and other modes of transport) they had used on the way.

The £100 isn't important. It isn't important at this point whether a failing by Abellio staff on the day contributed to the customers' problems, either. What is important is that someone at Abellio knows what problems the customers experienced on their way home after the crash, and is trying to find out what led to them, and what lessons can be learnt from them.

It doesn't appear that Abellio's response left the customers feeling confident that this was the case, which is a pity.

Status
Not open for further replies.