• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Route coverage maps! (Warning: large images!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Do you have a route coverage map? If so post it here! (If not click here for a template)

Here's mine:-

natrail.gif

If you don't have a coverage map you can get a template here (you can then edit it in any image editor, using the 'paintbrush', 'flood fill' and of course 'undo' tools!)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Met Driver

Established Member
routescovered.gif

As you can see, I still need to visit the likes of Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds.

Jim

Established Member
Seth said:
As you can see, I still need to visit the likes of Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds.

I should invite you on my Valleys meet in October as well I think ;)

David

Established Member
It seems I am lagging behind everyone. :( I can't get an image to show what lines I have covered, so I've made a list.

ECML - KX - Leeds and York (via Welwyn and Hertford)
South TPE - Cleethorpes - Manchester Airport (via Stockport and Romily)
Manchester - Cardiff (via Styal, Crewe and Shrewsbury)
Sheffield - Birmingham NS
Stafford - Birmingham NS
Birmingham NS - Cardiff (via Bristol Parkway)
Cardiff - Rhymney
Cardiff - Pembroke Dock

As you can see, there is an awful lot I need to cover, but due to the fact that the fares are too expensive (I can't get a railcard, I'm too old), I can't see this changing much in the future.

By the way Jim, when you quoted Seth, did you need to include his map as well?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Harry Potter said:
..As you can see, there is an awful lot I need to cover, but due to the fact that the fares are too expensive (I can't get a railcard, I'm too old), I can't see this changing much in the future....
Get a rover ;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I've done an awful lot, to see what I've done you'll have to wait for my map to be updated and uploaded. Having covered all of the South West and Wales, and the vast majority of the WM, I'm not doing too bad. Scotland, Anglia and the North are the worst offenders on my map, with far too much blankness in these areas. That'll soon change (hopefully!) in December, on my lengthy bash up to INV on the HST from KX!

The map will be done on Wednesday probably.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Overall, very good joy54! The SW of England coverage surprises me a bit, but I'm really shocked at how much of the North and Scotland you've done! I'd better get working, get some money together and start covering more of the network! Maybe I'll do that ALR this year...So long as I do pretty much all of the UK by end 2006 I'll be happy.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
As will I, once I remember my username and password for Photobucket...

I'll even go one step further and unveil my FC map, which I have to say looks outstanding.

EDIT: Nice amount of coverage heart-of-wessex.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Here we go then, a map detailing my coverage of the UK (green lines are different colours as they never stay the same for me):

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/43019/Coverage_Map_06102005.jpg

And, as promised, a H-O coverage map:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/43019/H-O_map.gif

(the lines are in thick green as the next brush size down (in Paint) was inadequate, would take 4 times as long to highlight a line. The green lines here are those I've done H-O on, in red the ones I've not done it on. Note, for some reason I missed off adding Mallaig to Fort William to this map. I'll add it to my next update)

EDIT: And to top it off, I've done my FC map. You'll probably see I've focused my FC efforts in one region in particular ( ;) ), with enormous areas of FC left undone so far. Watch out when I get back on the game, I'll have more FC done...Here's the link:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/43019/FC_map.gif

(Note, I've missed off Nottingham to Loughborough and Derby to Leicester. I'll add them in my next update to the FC map)

Dave A

I don't have the patience to draw with a paint brush :roll: :x So here's a summary of what I've done.

ONE - London LST to Clacton and Walton-on-Naze
ONE - London LST to Enfield Town Via Seven Sisters
WAGN - London KGX/Moorgate to Knebworth
WAGN - London KGX/Moorgate to Stevenage
WAGN - London KGX to Peterborough
Southern - ALL
SouthEastern - ALL
South West Trains - Mainly costal lines, close to London terminals and whatever was done on the Southern Belle
Island Line & Isle of Wight Steam Railway - ALL

Jim

Established Member
How & it what program. PM me with how please

Jim

Met Driver

Established Member
London Tube said:
I did, but it turned every line green :shock: :?

For each line you've done, you need to mark off the ends of it (and any junctions en route) with a different colour to avoid this.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I'm too impatient for that. I was doing my map in a hurry, although I could do a tidier version I guess...Does work though if you mark the sections up.

I K Brunel

I didn't actually mean to do this, I just got carried away...

The next green line will be the Glasgow and South Western from Kilmarnock to Gretna Green.

Attachments

• Bremners' travels.gif
    Bremners' travels.gif
    190.4 KB · Views: 104

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There is already a stickied thread for Route Coverage Maps. Please don't dig up a thread that is almost one and a half years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.