• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Route Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
The green does look good, I use green in my Baker so I'm bound to think it looks good :lol:

I might well change my map eventually to use green.

Established Member
I've updated mine after almost a year: Most recently I've done Stoke - Manchester, Manchester - Hadfield & Glossop (although not the Dinting - Hadfield curve), Manchester - Liverpool via Chat Moss, Hamilton Square - New Brighton, Liverpool - Crewe, Shrewsbury - Crewe & Chester, Rugeley - Birmingham & Birmingham - Stratford-u-Avon.

Attachments

• Route Coverage.gif
    Route Coverage.gif
    158.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Established Member
Here's an update to my map from my trip away last month and other subsequent days out:

Attachments

• Rail network coverage.jpg
    Rail network coverage.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 24

dcd

Getting there after this year's 14 Day All Line Rover.
attachment.php
Spot the Differences
attachment.php

Attachments

• dcd before.jpg
    dcd before.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 144
  • dcd after.jpg
    dcd after.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 149

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Wow that's impressive! Only a few more bits to go now, looking at your map reminds me I need to get on with doing the Ffestiniog which I keep forgetting about.

All relatively easy bits to do for you there, although timing will be key of course for the Moorthorpe to Church Fenton bit. Not long until you join the club of the regular network completionists!

dcd

Wow that's impressive! Only a few more bits to go now, looking at your map reminds me I need to get on with doing the Ffestiniog which I keep forgetting about.

And remember that the All Line Rover is valid of Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland.

All relatively easy bits to do for you there, although timing will be key of course for the Moorthorpe to Church Fenton bit. Not long until you join the club of the regular network completionists!

I tried to do Moorthorpe to Church Fenton on 06/07/2015 but there was a derailment at Moorthorpe which meant a rail replacement bus , of which I did not take advantage.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Getting there after this year's 14 Day All Line Rover.
attachment.php
Spot the Differences
attachment.php

So what is that bit of red around London? (looks a bit like HS1?)

I guess you just need to try and score some cheap Eurostar tickets to clear Ashford towards the Chunnel :)

---

Roll on October when Oxford Parkway - Bicester branch reopens

Last edited:

dcd

I reckon it's the southerly Dartford Loop line.

Yes, I hope it is the lines through Maze Hill,Eltham and New Eltham.

I did the first 2 above yesterday with a SWT promo ticket and a travelcard.

May be able to do the other on Saturday.

Yes I shall have to do a cheap Eurostar trip soon. I have done it previously but this map is only lines I have done since I retired and started up my railway hobby again.

CallySleeper

Established Member
Off to Edinburgh tomorrow to get another ~1000 railmiles plus Dalmeny good loops - Winchburgh Jn while it still has a 2tph service...! :D

dcd

Yes, I hope it is the lines through Maze Hill,Eltham and New Eltham.

I did the first 2 above yesterday with a SWT promo ticket and a travelcard.

May be able to do the other on Saturday.

Cleared to London Lines on Saturday with another SWT promo ticket and a travelcard.

So Map now looks like this:-
attachment.php

Not much left. I am booked on the Border Reiver to do the new line out of Edinburgh in September. Will try and pick up the rest with next years ALR.

Attachments

• dcd20150725.jpg
    dcd20150725.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 84

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Nice, very nice! Especially if this is all just after retirement!

Going to take some planning to get that bit out of Wolverhampton, I was fortunate to be around at the time when there was an hourly service each way all day (2008 I seem to recall I did that), getting both 170/5 and 153 coverage over the route.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Couple new curves for me:
Todmorden Curve
Lowton Junction - Newton le Willows Junction (Monday to Saturday 06:44 Wigan NW to Liverpool via Newton Le Willows, other side of the triangle which the TPE Scotland services use from the Chat Moss route to the WCML.

Hopefully I will get a couple more PSUL movements in next weekend. Just waiting for Oxford - Bicester to reopen as that be my only major uncleared passenger track

DCD - Might see you on the tour :)

Last edited:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I'm hoping to get those two bits in later this week, as well as Halton Curve, or Frodsham Curve, whichever name it goes by now. Which means the PSUL bits are coming down nicely, leaving just a couple of bits around Leeds, one of which is a Sunday evening thing IIRC, Hambleton South Curve, Newton South Connecting Line and not much else.

Kite159

Veteran Member
A couple extra PSUL movements to add to my coverage map:
Lichfield Trent Valley to Burton line
The bit of track between Kingsbury Junction - Whitacre Junction (
Heald Green North Junction - Heald Green South Junction (Manchester Airport avoider)

Could have scored the new Reading festival chord tonight if I didn't jump on an earlier service from Oxford (running in the reliefs between Didcot & Reading and the voyager arrived at P3, so either it used the chord, or crossed over into the main before to go over the viaduct.

Hopefully next week, I will have the north curve from the Morecambe branch to the WCML covered :)

Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Circle Line via Tower Hill to Barking from Sunday. Announced as a District service but the train number gave it away. :smile:

Also managed to get the PSUL movement via the reversible fast spur at Streatham Junctions the other day.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
You have indeed got a lot to do yet, but getting there!

Recent new bits for me are Halton Curve and Todmorden Curve. The bit out of Wigan I hadn't checked is now only mornings, not with a corresponding one in the evening. A good excuse to return one day!

Kite159

Veteran Member
Circle Line via Tower Hill to Barking from Sunday. Announced as a District service but the train number gave it away. :smile:

Also managed to get the PSUL movement via the reversible fast spur at Streatham Junctions the other day.

One of the few required PSUL movements within London for me, that spur. A job for a probable overnight stay in London on a weekday with an anytime travelcard

Well done on it :)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I did it all the way from Horsham, be warned it's normally a busy train even with 8 coaches. So long as there's not disruption then you'll be OK, but if it's all gone belly up around there you'll get sent over the flyover.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Managed to get the Bare Lane Junction - Hest Bank Junction bit of track in the book today :)

No other PSUL movements are planned, apart from Coombe Junction Halt

jnjkerbin

Wow! It doesn't look like I've posted mine in nearly a year! Here's a then and now look at it...

Attachments

• Route Cov.gif
    Route Cov.gif
    148.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Route Cov.jpg
    Route Cov.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 32

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I really do hate the app's inability to load attachments!

Latest coverage for me was Starr Gate to Fleetwood Ferry on the Blackpool trams line. Which has now cleared the light rail network for me, excluding the new bits that are on their way.

Lots of new coverage due a week tomorrow, thanks to UKR's The Yorkshire Byways tour. If all goes to plan I'll have quite an extensive amount of non-passenger track covered!

Kite159

Veteran Member
Tiny bit of new track last Wednesday, the line from Coombe Ground Frame to Coombe Junction Halt, all 11 chains of it!

Yesterday was the Barry Tourist Railway, plus connection to the main-line (via the "long siding" next to Barry station), Machen Quarry freight only branch and Park Junction to Gaer Junction (the Newport facing curve leading to the Ebbw Vale line)

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
A bit of an updated version of my route coverage, not been out on the rails for aages.

Attachments

• routecoverageinjpg.jpg
    routecoverageinjpg.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 42

Trainfan344

Established Member
Here's my route coverage.

Attachments

• Route Coverage August 2015.jpg
    Route Coverage August 2015.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 28
Status