• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Route Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I assume you're doing the S+C later today. I doubt highly you'll be on later this morning before you leave to let me know. I certainly won't be, leaving here at 0630 for the bus at 0650 and onwards to Shrewsbury. But on the assumption you *may* come online, I'm on the 56 tour too, so hope to see you on board.

Anyway, I hereby include the latest update to my map, which will be updated after the tour (can't be bothered to do it now, suffice to say there's a fair bit I need on it). Latest updates are the curve out of Littlehampton to Arundel Junction, Hove to the Brighton mainline (you'll guess I haven't got the Baker out this time for the junction names), Southernham Junction to Seaford and Lewes to Wivelsfield. This has taken me much closer to finishing the routes served by Southern, I intend to finish their routes in the spring, with a massive track bash around Kent also in the spring and SWT-served routes later in 2009. Then Anglia and Essex will be tackled during the summer and the rest of the North West also by the summer. The rest of the East Midlands will be tackled during the summer/autumn and hopefully the rest of the Scottish lot will be done before Christmas 2009. Which would then leave me with jack all to do in 2010 :D

So, then, time for me to stop dreaming and provide the map as it stands as of 0228, 29th December 2008:

Revised_coverage_map_in_progress_De.gif

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

P156KWJ

Established Member
forgot a bit of the WCML from Carlisle to Preston, here is my proper one:

attachment.php

Attachments

• coverageDec08.JPG
    coverageDec08.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 129

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Crikey, you've got a lot to still do! Just out of curiosity, how long have you been track bashing?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Apologies for the amateur-looking addition, I have done it tidy-ily on my brother's laptop, but I couldn't be bothered to boot that up and upload it from there. So I saved a copy from my Photobucket account and edited it onto that poor-quality version. I'll upload the tidier version in 2009 after I get some more track covered. I can't believe how much required track I've done this year, best year for new track this end for a long time!

Anyway, here is my final update for 2008:

Revised_coverage_map_in_progress_20.gif

P156KWJ

Established Member
Crikey, you've got a lot to still do! Just out of curiosity, how long have you been track bashing?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Apologies for the amateur-looking addition, I have done it tidy-ily on my brother's laptop, but I couldn't be bothered to boot that up and upload it from there. So I saved a copy from my Photobucket account and edited it onto that poor-quality version. I'll upload the tidier version in 2009 after I get some more track covered. I can't believe how much required track I've done this year, best year for new track this end for a long time!

Anyway, here is my final update for 2008:

Revised_coverage_map_in_progress_20.gif

not too long really, I just don't have the time to do loads of long distance journeys, which is why tours are good because they cover large distances for cheap prices (mostly!)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Fair enough. Might be something to consider doing when you get time to, there's so many classic trips you could do on regional rovers that would not only bolster your yearly mileage a lot but also get an awful lot of traction and routes done.

P156KWJ

Established Member
actually, just realised I missed a tiny bit off - the *insert hard to spell Welsh name* narrow guage railway on the Conwy Valley, which I notice is on there

Chester025

Like Techniquest still need alot around the south East and other bits here and there!

Attachments

• Route Coverage.GIF
    Route Coverage.GIF
    104.1 KB · Views: 24

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Not bad mind, you've done some stuff I still need (changing that by the summer!)

My latest map is now online. I had found a fair few bits I've done which I've not coloured in (Chester to Liverpool via Hooton for example) and some bits I still need (Marston Vale for example) which had not been noticed having accidentally coloured in blue. Fixed these errors now and added Sandbach to Mickle Trafford Junction via Middlewich and Bushbury (Oxley) Junction - Oxley (Stafford) Junction (ie, Oxley Chord) having done them yesterday. :D

The map can be found here:

Revised_coverage_map_in_progress_De.gif

Techniquest

Veteran Member
As did I :p

Preferred the 47s on the Kyle line for enjoyment, but for comfort the 158 was just fine (we stood practically all the way from Kyle to the Forth Bridge!).

Daimler

Established Member
Here's mine - not terribly impressive compared with some of those up on here, I know...:(

Still, plenty of new lines to look forward to, I guess...

me123

Established Member
Can I just ask Jordy, why did you go to Georgemas Junction, but not onto Wick and Thurso? Seems a bit shortsighted in the long term...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
IIRC, they nearly missed The Far North Explorer entirely, and they were lucky someone opened the doors at the operational call-only stop at Georgemas Junction! ;)

Jordy

Established Member
Yep, a tour/accomodation farce!

Should be fixed shortly (although having to go all that way from Inverness just to do Wick/Thurso is a tad annoying! :lol:)

Jordy

Established Member
And I don't like flying!

Going to Scotland for a mini holiday next week anyway so hoping to get it done then

me123

Established Member
Enjoy Scotland! Bad luck, though, about Wick and Thurso; must be annoying to have to go all the way up there for all 20 miles or so!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
It's taken me ages to bother uploading, but my latest coverage map is now up. Last updates were Stockton to Newcastle via Sunderland, Stockport to Northwich West, Hartford CLC Junction to Hartford LNW Junction, Acton Grange to Latchford, Arpley to Ditton, Edge Hill to Regents Road LC, Olive Mount Chord, Ince Curve, another curve near Newton-le-Willows and a bit between Eccles and Manchester Victoria. More would normally have been done by now, but finances being the way they are means no more new track until March 14th:

Revised_coverage_map_in_progress_Fe.gif

Chester025

An update adding the lines that I cleared at the beginning of the week.

Brighton - Seaford, Both ways into Littlehampton, Bognor Regis - Barnham, Horsham - Balham via Dorking, Merthyr Tydfil, Aberdare and Treherbert.

Attachments

• Route Coverage.GIF
    Route Coverage.GIF
    104 KB · Views: 19

almark

route-coverage-blank-1.gif

Added some more,still some bits to do but slowly getting through it,managed the Durham Coast unexpectedly last week so that filled a lot in! Hope to do Mallaig and Stranraer with steam this year though.

Cheers,
Mark

Death

Established Member

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Well, after over a month since doing Peterborough to Ely finally on the GC diversions, I've got my map updated! Yes, it really took me that long to get on with it! :shock:

Here it is:

Revised_coverage_map_in_progress_AP.gif

Much more would have been done by now, which was the plan for 2009, but I've not even been on a train for the best part of 6 weeks! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.