• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Route Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
At least you've finally got Wick and Thurso done, though! And you could easily do Oban as part of a trip to Glasgow I'd say.

Established Member
wow some people have some good coverage here, mine will look much better after my next few trips to Penzance,Glasgow and my FGW HST bash to an unknowen location, here is mine:

Attachments

• route-coverage-blank.gif
    route-coverage-blank.gif
    105.3 KB · Views: 46

Chester025

Added, Blackburn - Hellifield, Severn Beach, Kyle, Fife Circle, Edinburgh Surburban, St Albans Abbey, Wigan - Kirkdale, Aintree - Preston and Colne.

picture.php

Last edited:

Established Member
Updated

Added BHM-Glasgow (87002) and BHM-Felixstowe (1995 fam holiday) I remember the fam holiday well we watched freight pass the level crossing right next to our Fixed cavavan thingy (ahhh how things were in the 90`s :lol:)

Attachments

route-coverage-blank.gif
    106.5 KB · Views: 29

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Yep, couldn't do it on a cart, a 142 to Colne was bad enough! Should also get St Ives and Falmouth done with something decent next year...;)

Fair enough. I did it on a 156, all the way from Kilmarnock to Stranraer then, after the long wait back (thank Goodness for Tesco being nearby!) all the way back to Glasgow! Not in a rush to do that again!

Would you care to expand upon your cryptic clue at the end there (via PM if necessary)?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Bah, I don't read the railway mags, and since I've spent a princely sum on a railtour this weekend I don't have the cash to buy RI either. Any chance of even a couple of hints?

Just re-uploaded mine having done Penzance, Oban, Worthing, Maesteg, Penarth, Ebbw Vale and Windermere along with various lines and branches in the London area.

Attachments

• Route Coverage.gif
    Route Coverage.gif
    108.5 KB · Views: 50

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Looks pretty good that too!

You've reminded me that I've got to still update my map from last week's track bash, so I'll have to get that done later.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Had to d/load my map from my Photobucket gallery, so not very good quality I'm afraid, but as far as I know it's now up-to-date. Didn't take long as I ain't done much new track for months.

Newest updates were Maidenhead to Marlow and Twyford to Henley-on-Thames. Much more to come eventually after the Buffer Puffers!

Map attached below

Attachments

• Revised_coverage_map_in_progress_AP.gif
    Revised_coverage_map_in_progress_AP.gif
    63 KB · Views: 32

I finally got Maidenhead and Marlow done on Tuesday, boring, but out of the way now at least!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I finally got Maidenhead and Marlow done on Tuesday, boring, but out of the way now at least!

Boring indeed, I compared trekking to Marlow to a flat version of the Heart of Wales!

Huge amount of coverage going on there Jordy! :shock:

Jordy

Established Member
Right click the link on the first page, select save target as. Then open it in an editing program (MS paint will do!) and use the flood fill and pen tools to fill in where you've been :)

Chester025

Sheerness, Bromley South - Gillingham - Faversham - Dover Priory, Ramsgate - Faversham added.

Attachments

• Route Coverage.GIF
    Route Coverage.GIF
    103.6 KB · Views: 32

Matt Taylor

Established Member
Top bashing chaps, my sum total of the last five years is the Lymington branch, Enfield Town and the Chingford branch!!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Thanks for the link, read about it on the WNXX forum earlier. Sure would like to do that one! Had forgotten about you saying to keep May free, randomly. Still, May is free!

Established Member
Folly lane
Gresty curve and Telford freight terminal added

done the chester avoider and Shrewsbury-wrexham

Attachments

route-coverage-blank.gif
    107.2 KB · Views: 25

Buffer68

Please excuse my ignorance, but what timescale do the maps cover? is it this year, or in your while life, last five years or what? I haven't done many routes but would like to do a map. Look forward to responses.

Chester025

Please excuse my ignorance, but what timescale do the maps cover? is it this year, or in your while life, last five years or what? I haven't done many routes but would like to do a map. Look forward to responses.

Whole life.

Status
Not open for further replies.