• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Route Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

Established Member
We seem to have lost the old thread, so post your route coverage here.

A template is available here.

Please remember to save your image as a GIF file rather than a JPEG file to avoid problems with resolution when uploaded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
Here's my pitiful attempt:

UPDATED: SEE POST #18

The grand total of 1 line in England is embarassing (and it's a preserved line!); I made an SPT one up a wee while ago when I was bored.

Last edited:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Glad to see this thread is back. I'm uploading my revised map on Thursday, when I am finally back online at home. Not done much in recent times, the most notable being Taunton - Bishops Lydeard.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Added:

• Smethwick Galton Bridge to Kidderminster
  • Kidderminster Town to Bridgnorth
  • Kidderminster to Worcester Foregate Street
  • Worcester Shrub Hill to Oxford via Evesham

1D53

Established Member
Northern area for now - need to work on the rest!

Attachments

• liverpool.JPG
    liverpool.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 138

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Coverage_Map_17052008.jpg

Added recently: Taunton to Minehead, South Devon Railway and the Matlock branch (did it last year, but didn't add it til now)

Gizmogle

Established Member
Wow, very impressive Julian!

Although, you've not done the Buxton branch. Shame on you.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Wow, very impressive Julian!

Although, you've not done the Buxton branch. Shame on you.

Ta. I was just talking the other day about doing new track (when coming back from visiting my Dad, had little else to talk about at the time), when I looked at my map I was horrified how much I still needed.

Buxton is one of those places that takes ages, for me, to get to. Plus, with all these HSTs running at the moment it's incredibly difficult to make myself get out there and do all this required track. One day.

me123

Established Member
I've updated mine. No new routes :( , just better and more accurate diagrams.

Glasgow Area ........... National

In the Glasgow diagram, red represents covered lines.

Hornby APT

Im impressed! Some of you guys have travelled a lot of miles!

Just a bit of help needed really, I want to create a map myself, and have seen the template on the 1st post. Possibly a dumb question but how are you guys editing these maps? I'm not sure how you go about it any tips would be greatful.

cheers
HAPT

Aureol

Established Member
With a spanner in hand in D212's engine room
Im impressed! Some of you guys have travelled a lot of miles!

Just a bit of help needed really, I want to create a map myself, and have seen the template on the 1st post. Possibly a dumb question but how are you guys editing these maps? I'm not sure how you go about it any tips would be greatful.

cheers
HAPT
Hi Hornby APT and welcome to the forums! :)

We tend to edit them in paint with either the fill tool or the paint brush tool. With the fill tool, though, you would have to draw lines with the pencil at the junctions where two or more lines meet.

Jordy

Established Member
Yep the best thing to do is use the fill tool and draw lines where you want it to stop, using the brush is tricky and messy!

me123

Established Member
You've done more than me, Will. I haven't even got a single mainline :oops:

will1337

The only lines I've done in Scotland are ECML to EDB and EDB to North Queensferry so I could go over the Forth Bridge. At some point soon it'll be very cheap AP time though.

me123

Established Member
You can usually get some good AP tickets on the Aberdeen HSTs without problems. Only £9 RTN from Edinburgh to Aberdeen IIRC. It's fantastic to do the Forth bridge, and the Tay Bridge, in an HST.

laseandre

Established Member
After tomorrow, I'll have this (going on WHL):

Attachments

• route-coverage.GIF
    route-coverage.GIF
    102 KB · Views: 73

william

Established Member
VERY IMPRESSIVE techniquest, but no settle-carlisle!!:neutral:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
VERY IMPRESSIVE techniquest, but no settle-carlisle!!:neutral:

Thanks, much appreciated. Far too many big gaps for me. This was made obvious recently when a good friend of mine looked at my map and said "What?! Not been to Aberdeen?!"

As for not having done the S+C, I've tried to. Went to do the VWC diversions with a 57 and 390 back in March 2006 (feels like a century ago now!), due to their being a need for emergency repairs no could do. Spherical objects. One day...

Cue a need to get more track done. At least I can say I've done much of Scotland on decent traction. Not that many people who started bashing in the 21st century can say they've done Thurso and Wick on a loco-hauled train...<D<D<D

Status
Not open for further replies.