• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Route Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Covered quite a bit of new track yesterday:

Ironville Junction - Kirkby Lane End Junction
Shirebrook Junction - Thoresby Colliery Junction
Thoresby Colliery Junction - Thoresby Colliery
Woodend Junction - Shireoaks West Junction
Woodburn Junction - Rotherham Central Junction
Aldwarke Junction - Mexborough via Thybergh Junction (Swinton (Yorkshire) avoider)
Hexthorpe Junction - Bentley Junction (Doncaster avoider)
Stainforth Junction - Haywood Junction (via the new Doncaster North Chord)
Knottingley East Curve
Decoy South Junction - St Catherine's Junction - Brancliffe East Junction

Of course, this was thanks to UKR's Yorkshire Byways tour. Exhausting time but totally worth it!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Like Techni, I covered quite a bit of new track yesterday:

Ironville Junction - Kirkby Lane End Junction
Shirebrook Junction - Thoresby Colliery Junction
Thoresby Colliery Junction - Thoresby Colliery
Woodend Junction - Shireoaks West Junction
Tinsley South - Tinsley East
Hexthorpe Junction - Bentley Junction (Doncaster avoider)
Stainforth Junction - Haywood Junction (via the new Doncaster North Chord)
Doncaster Goods lines - Bridge Junction - Decoy South Junction - St Catherine's Junction - Brancliffe East Junction
Thrumpton West Junction - Retford

:)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Latest new coverage here is Newcraighall to Tweedbank yesterday. Which returns me to the whole ScotRail regular network being cleared now.

Nothing new due to be covered for a while, possibly the new curve at Bicester next month.

backontrack

Established Member
Yep, diversions count :)
In that case, I've done ECML Doncaster-York via Askern and Leeds-York via Castleford already. :D

Still, would be nice to do them officially...

Is it an annual thing or a whole-life thing? I've already got some long distances done, but not many short local routes and I've never even set foot at all in Wales.

Trainfan344

Established Member
In that case, I've done ECML Doncaster-York via Askern and Leeds-York via Castleford already. :D

Still, would be nice to do them officially...

Is it an annual thing or a whole-life thing? I've already got some long distances done, but not many short local routes and I've never even set foot at all in Wales.

It's a whole life thing, be difficult to cover the entire network in a year.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
CallySleeper:2293740 said:
The tour was first advertised 6 months ago!

Unfortunately I don't pay too much attention to upcoming tours since I'm not a fan of them. As I said I was busy anyway but if there's something similar lined up in the future I'd love to know about it!

Fair enough. I don't keep terribly up to date with railtours these days myself, as traditionally the August Bank Holiday Monday is the only one I tend to be able to go bashing on, any other time of the year I'm just not able to get to tours.

I believe Lord Kite of Grateley might have been the one who told me about it, and I just happened to have the money free back in March to book it.

Interestingly though, this year's tour was the first that I've done where I wasn't immediately wanting to do another one. Too much of an endurance this one, plus I've got more exciting things to do around the country instead!

Kite159

Veteran Member
12/9

The Reading 'festival' chord (that piece of single track which goes from the 'high level junction' area, under the viaduct to the relief lines next to the viaduct) :)

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
12/9

The Reading 'festival' chord (that piece of single track which goes from the 'high level junction' area, under the viaduct to the relief lines next to the viaduct) :)

I need to refamiliarise meself with the layout at Reading I think as I have no idea what you mean. :lol:

Kite159

Veteran Member
I need to refamiliarise meself with the layout at Reading I think as I have no idea what you mean. :lol:

I'm just glad it's done so I can mark it off in my baker :)

All the various tracks in that area is now complete, roll on the borders line.

Requeststop

I there a new route coverage map now including the newly opened Borders Line? I've tried an unsuccessful search, so apologies if one has been placed in this forum.

Just looked at the National Rail site and they still have the network map for 2013!!!

crehld

Established Member
Finally managed to get round to updating my coverage map. Much progress has been made from the start of the year, but the remaining task is daunting. Should manage to get a few more bits and bobs added on Thursday with my last Northern Day Ranger. A tentative Southern Daysave is also planned for December and should help with a more coverage down south.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Those links don't work here :(

My latest new coverage is Bicester East Curve, and hopefully a new bit later this month too :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Requeststop:2331803 said:
I there a new route coverage map now including the newly opened Borders Line? I've tried an unsuccessful search, so apologies if one has been placed in this forum.

Just looked at the National Rail site and they still have the network map for 2013!!!

Try GWR's website, they have a paper map around with the latest version of the UK network as well as their own. I picked up a paper one in Hereford of all places on Monday.

Trainfan344

Established Member
Aiming to finish this year by ticking off the Midland Main Line into St Pancake.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
New track for today - Bull Street-St Pauls (or wherever the new track from Bull Street joins the old track from Snow Hell on the Midland Metro).

alexf380

Established Member
Well folks, at the end of 2015, the rail coverage map for me looks a little like this.
Not bad for only being active in 7 months of the year (January, February, July, September and December were completely devoid of any bashing)
2016 should hold much more for me, with some longer days becoming possible. Only time will tell!

Attachments

• Rail Coverage Map.gif
    Rail Coverage Map.gif
    146.5 KB · Views: 45

Techniquest

Veteran Member
A long way to go! I'd have been screaming if I'd that many clear months without bashing in 2015, I don't know how you put up with it!

Buttsy

Established Member
Did Bicester London Road to Bicester South junction on 19/12/15 on my way to Wycombe. Had done Oxford - Bicester London Road in the 1990s

D841 Roebuck

Established Member
New bits this year so far:
Manchester Victoria to Exchange Square (Metrolink)
The curve from Lapworth towards Stratford-upon-Avon.

Trainfan344

Established Member
Mine at the end of 2015.

Attachments

• Route Coverage End of 2015.gif
    Route Coverage End of 2015.gif
    166 KB · Views: 28

Kite159

Veteran Member
Unexpected bit of new coverage, the chord from the 'fast' tracks on the Chatham main line after shortlands towards the catford loop (the one which doesn't dive under the lines) pondered that a Denmark Hill call on a service from Bromley P3 sounded odd

Another small PSUL movement done in around London.

Status
Not open for further replies.