• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Route Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

In my never ending quest for world domination (OK, slight exaggeration!) I've added the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway to my coverage of the UK. I've also a few new bits of microgricing, although I was surprised to discover I've already done all the available moves into and out Norwich. I was also surprised to score bits at Dolphin Junction and just west of Twyford on the GWML, although my Trackmaps for the Western Region is out of date so I still haven't got the new Reading layout marked up yet. Something to aim to do before 2017!

More worldwide coverage is coming soon, with metro and tram coverage in Vienna in 3 weeks time. In terms of the UK, I'll be adding Metrolink's Second City Crossing to the atlas as soon as possible, however there's nothing else I need that I intend to get covered for ages. Something else there I've got on my Prep for 2017 list, noting all the PSUL moves around the country that I need and going all out for getting them in.

Regarding your quail maps, there's a new Eastern Book 2 due out in December. High time seeing as it was 10 years out of date...
Also due after that will be a new Scotland Book 1 and Western Book 3

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Glad you mentioned that, I'll hold off on the new Eastern book. The new Western one will be most welcome too, the new layout at Reading and Heathrow Airport Junction will hopefully be included. Not so fussed about the Scotland one for now.

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
http://imgur.com/a/qhMxG

Here's my effort post ALR, forgot to amend the map to include Tweedbank etc, but have added a marker for Oxford Parkway seeing as I still require the bit from there to Oxford!

Last edited:

D841 Roebuck

Established Member
I'm not starting a separate thread for Route Uncoverage, but in updsting records I've realised that Basingstoke to Worgret Junction hasn't been traversed! :oops:

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Indeed that was an error on my part. I have indeed cleared that section!

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Established Member
My latest coverage is in red.

Attachments

• Rail network coverage.jpg
    Rail network coverage.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 60

Established Member
My last route coverage update of 2016:

Attachments

83.3 KB · Views: 45

Established Member
Doing quite well there :) Some surprising gaps like Lichfield to Aston for example mind!

Thanks Tech, I'm quite pleased with my progress this year. :)

I'm hoping to get that section cleared at some point next year, along with the rest of the track I need in the West Midlands.

Established Member
My latest updates are in red.

Attachments

84.2 KB · Views: 33

Techniquest

Veteran Member
That looks like Wales is conquered for you now, good work :D

Nothing new apart from bits and bobs of micro-gricing here lately. Still not noted the new layout at Reading, and London Bridge's new layout has now been started on but I need to get a diagram for that too.

Obviously I got some new coverage from Norway in March. I still haven't been up to Manchester to do Second City Crossing either!

Established Member
That looks like Wales is conquered for you now, good work :D

Nothing new apart from bits and bobs of micro-gricing here lately. Still not noted the new layout at Reading, and London Bridge's new layout has now been started on but I need to get a diagram for that too.

Obviously I got some new coverage from Norway in March. I still haven't been up to Manchester to do Second City Crossing either!

Thanks mate, it was a tough challenge but I've managed to complete nearly all of it. There is the stretch of track that avoids Swansea and Neath I still need to clear though, but I don't know how often services use it. I plan to clear it at some stage this year though.

Next on my list of lines to clear are Doncaster to Gainsborough Lea Road, Stone to Norton Bridge and Lichfield Trent Valley to Burton-upon-Trent.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Technically it's two bits that avoid Swansea ;) One is the short stretch around the back of Landore depot, which I'm told is doable on weekend Fishguard Flyers. The more common way, the one you're talking about, is the Swansea District Line, from Briton Ferry to Llangennech.

I've not researched which way the Fishguard Flyers will go after the timetable change, but as things stand the 1040 Newport to Fishguard and 133x Fishguard to Cardiff Central use the Swansea District Line.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
That bit of blue out of Edinburgh is a bit isolated from the rest of your coverage!

Latest coverage for me is nothing exciting, platform 3 at Liverpool Lime Street :lol:

Trainfan344

Established Member
That bit of blue out of Edinburgh is a bit isolated from the rest of your coverage!

Latest coverage for me is nothing exciting, platform 3 at Liverpool Lime Street :lol:

Family holiday just north of the Scottish Border, took the train from Berwick to Edinburgh! One day I'll travel the Entire East Coast Mainline on one train but until then!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Family holiday just north of the Scottish Border, took the train from Berwick to Edinburgh! One day I'll travel the Entire East Coast Mainline on one train but until then!

Fair enough!

Have fun with doing the whole ECML (there's an argument for the whole thing continuing to Aberdeen mind) from London to Edinburgh in one go. Unless it's on a super express run it can be quite an endurance, and even then it can get very dull very quickly.

I did London to Inverness on the Highland Chieftain years back, and by the time I reached Edinburgh I got the "it can't be far to go now" attitude take over. Of course, you're still hours away at that point! When the doors opened at Inverness the relief to be off the train was quite significant!

Trainfan344

Established Member
Fair enough!

Have fun with doing the whole ECML (there's an argument for the whole thing continuing to Aberdeen mind) from London to Edinburgh in one go. Unless it's on a super express run it can be quite an endurance, and even then it can get very dull very quickly.

I did London to Inverness on the Highland Chieftain years back, and by the time I reached Edinburgh I got the "it can't be far to go now" attitude take over. Of course, you're still hours away at that point! When the doors opened at Inverness the relief to be off the train was quite significant!

I get a bit fed up doing Nottingham to Norwich let along London to Inverness...

Established Member
As usual, my latest coverage is in red.

Attachments

85.1 KB · Views: 43

Established Member
Not that far from conquering the network now 507021! :shock:

Thanks, it'll be a while before I get around to clearing the lines in the north of Scotland, but I don't think it'll be much more than a year or so before I clear the remainder of lines I need in England and Wales. I should be clearing a decent amount of those in July, fingers crossed. :)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Latest coverage for me is Basel SBB-Zurich HB via Liestel, Zurich HB-Chur, Chur-Tirano (Bernina Express) and Tirano-Milano Centrale.

No doubt I had a couple of microgrices in the UK too last week, but I haven't checked them all off yet.

Requeststop

Is there a usable map for easily filling in Route coverage of London and the South East? The National Rail Map is easy to use but I find that the published maps for the myriad lines of London and the South East from Network really unusable. Something simple would really be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.