• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Route Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

route101

Established Member
Ok ive nearly done all spt routes but i have these missing .

Greenock to Gourock
Whitecraigs to Neilston.
Lanark Branch or SPT train after Motherwell though already been through Carstairs /Holytown .
Bellgrove to Springburn.
Airdrie to Drumgelloch.

Scotland as a Whole im missing .

Perth to Inverness
Inverness to Kyle
Inverness to Thurso / Wick
Fort William to Mailaig
Crianlarich to Oban
Bathgate Branch ( ill do this before DMU operation ends )
Newcraighall Branch.
Dunfirmline to Markinch ( Hope to do loco haul on Mon)
Ladybank to Perth .
Stirling to Alloa.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossforth

Established Member
Here is my latest map:

Dark blue is mainline
Dark green is preservation
Light blue is tram
Orange is narrow gauge
And all the pretty colours show the London Underground + DLR

Attachments

• clearage.png
    clearage.png
    643.8 KB · Views: 48

Jordy

Established Member
I've decided to release the updated version that I've been using, had given it to a few people on request so I thought I might as well release it given that the old one is quite out of date now. The link on the first post has been updated, the map can be found here.

My own map has been updated and as ever can be found here.

W-on-Sea

Established Member
A fair way to go yet...

(See I mistakenly called the file "my UK rail travel", rather than GB.
Well, add Londonderry to Coleraine on NIR to that then to be a complete record...

Attachments

• my UK rail travel.GIF
    my UK rail travel.GIF
    112.5 KB · Views: 40

You're not missing much, it's quite high up on my scale of shrill and boring branchlines.

Time to upload my latest map, updates from last time include Oakham-Corby, Shepperton, Gunnislake, Newquay, Falmouth and St Ives (completion of Devon & Cornwall branches! :D) thanks to a holiday in Cornwall, and more recently, all passenger lines around Glasgow apart from Airdrie (saved for later) including Balloch, Helensburgh Central, Neilston and Lanark thanks to a trip there this week.

Attachments

• Route Coverage.gif
    Route Coverage.gif
    107.9 KB · Views: 53

My map is for all time. I find Paint is the best, I use the pencil tool to close off openings to other lines that need to remain red, and then use the fill function to fill the un-required lines in blue.

Hydro

Established Member
Just had a quick bash on mine. The joys of working test trains, with the exception of the South Eastern, all this was done in the last three months. A fair bit has been repeated several times, and I've done a lot of freight only branches that don't seem to be on here. 2011 will see most of that completed I'm sure, and I'm going to be keeping track of mileage next year too. All inadmissable in a court of RailUK competition, but fun all the same!

Attachments

• rcv3.gif
    rcv3.gif
    111.9 KB · Views: 26

Ivo

Established Member
Been a while since anyone's posted in here :lol:

Has anyone ever attempted to plan their mileage for the foreseeable future in an attempt to cover new areas by a set time? I shall demonstrate what I mean below. Note that, because I was bored this morning, I have already updated tomorrow's travel, so apparently I have been to Hereford even though I have never set foot in all of Herefordshire!

Anyway, note the black lines; those are ones I hope to have covered by the end of June.

Attachments

• RC.gif
    RC.gif
    112.1 KB · Views: 34
  • RC Revised Target 30-06-2011.gif
    RC Revised Target 30-06-2011.gif
    113.2 KB · Views: 43

Wow it's been a while since my last update.
Here's my latest one, having done Airdrie-Bathgate, Stranraer and bits around London. The end is in sight!

Attachments

• Route Coverage.gif
    Route Coverage.gif
    107.3 KB · Views: 67

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Wow, you're nearly done! :shock:

Can't find a decent quality copy of mine to update, so I'll try to get a snap of my paper copy at some point soon and upload that instead. I'm nowhere near as close to finishing as 37372!

Ivo

Established Member
Wow it's been a while since my last update.
Here's my latest one, having done Airdrie-Bathgate, Stranraer and bits around London. The end is in sight!

Oh wow! I see only three red lines! Two of those, which I have done myself, can be done within a three hour period. The third, nowhere near the others...

Saving the best 'til last? :p

Techniquest

Veteran Member
That would be a good idea, celebrate getting your last bit of the passenger network in on one of the greatest bits of line in the country. I've already done the most scenic parts of the country's passenger network, so will no doubt end up finishing on some dull bit of East Anglia :lol:

Eng274

My route coverage isn't nearly as comprehensive as I'd like, but rent and bills unfortunately take precedence over sporadic jaunts :( once I'm working full time, weekends around the country with my railcard will become a common feature!

(I inverted colours, as it was easier than changing all the places I haven't been to red)

Attachments

• Route%20Coverage.gif
    Route%20Coverage.gif
    109.8 KB · Views: 42

TackerUK

OK im going to sound a right plank here. But how do you make them route maps.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
OK im going to sound a right plank here. But how do you make them route maps.

Download the blank map from here (provided by Jordy) then use MS paint (or similar) to fill in the lines you've done in blue. I would suggest using the flood and then the pen tool.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Here's my one. Not bad for a 14 year old, if I say so myself :)
The odd bits near leeds and brighton are where I was on holiday with my family and we decided to go on train as it was much quicker

Attachments

• route-coverage-blank.gif
    route-coverage-blank.gif
    104.7 KB · Views: 32

HST Power

Established Member
Here's my one. I have to say, I've covered a fair bit of it due to work.

Attachments

• Route Coverage.gif
    Route Coverage.gif
    158.1 KB · Views: 22

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
One day I'll do one showing everything I've done within memory but I have started a new one for this year onwards alone, and have got quite a bit done already!

Ivo

Established Member
One day I'll do one showing everything I've done within memory but I have started a new one for this year onwards alone, and have got quite a bit done already!

This is a fair point actually. If I may, I'd like to put up my current one again (which isn't very different to the last one; only bits of West Wales and a tiny bit of the West Midlands added), and then also put up my pre-2009 map. Notice the huge improvement! :D (Liskeard to St Ives was on holiday.)

N.B.: For some reason, the thumbnail seems to be messed up! I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but the bottom half has been split into two and swapped over! The picture is correct though, even if the thumbnail isn't. I have tried reloading it many times, and across several different days, but it didn't work.

Well, anyway, I have put up a third picture, which shows what I hope to have at the end of May. Most of it relates to dates in my sig, but by no means all.

I like how it DOESN'T have a stupid thumbnail :roll:

Attachments

• RC (pre-2009).gif
    RC (pre-2009).gif
    108.7 KB · Views: 4
  • RC.gif
    RC.gif
    112.1 KB · Views: 9
  • RC.1.gif
    RC.1.gif
    113.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Ivo

Established Member
If this fails, and the thumbnail is still inverted, would a Moderator delete this post please?

EDIT: Er... Hello? This post had been deleted? Why is it back again? Is my account playing up? <(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.