• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Route 'Not Via London' - valid via Clapham Jn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
This is the most basic of questions, I'm sorry, however could someone just confirm a ticket routed 'Not Via London' from say East Croydon to Staines is still valid via Clapham Junction (as in changing there). I know CLJ is a routeing point in its own right so I assume it is exempt from the 'London' definition.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CheapAndNerdy

Yep, that's fine. I do a similar journey (to Windsor ER), changing at Clapham Junction. The only available ticket for that journey is "Not Via London"

RJ

Established Member
This is the most basic of questions, I'm sorry, however could someone just confirm a ticket routed 'Not Via London' from say East Croydon to Staines is still valid via Clapham Junction (as in changing there). I know CLJ is a routeing point in its own right so I assume it is exempt from the 'London' definition.

Cheers

Reference to "London" under the route field of a ticket refers to the stations which from part of the London routeing group, which can be found in the Group Stations file in the National Routeing Guide. In response to your query, Clapham Junction isn't one of them so any permitted route that doesn't meet any of the London Group stations is valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.