• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Route Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
Some of you may remember that a couple of months back I lost my copy of the Epsom Downs branchline route which I had extended to Streatham and scenerised upto the busy town of Sutton. Today I have got back coding and have started adding scenery, making objects etc. During the past few weeks I have got track upto Sutton completed. Here are a few WIP images. I have tried to get it looking as close to the original route I had shown screenshots of previously. Hopefully I can get it ready in time for the BVE-Routes.com competition.

EpsomBranchline1.jpg

EpsomBranchline2.jpg

EpsomBranchline3.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
Looks great :)
Cheers. Luckily there were some old screenshots still about on the forums so I could work from them.

jonnorail

Looks great Coxster. Is This For BVE 4. If so what traction will run on this line.

Coxster

Established Member
traininthebrain said:
Looks great Coxster. Is This For BVE 4. If so what traction will run on this line.
Both BVE versions. It will be a 377 and my upcoming 455s.

Tom B

Established Member
Nice those there Damon! Even though I am not that much of an SRCD person ;).

Tom B

Established Member
Oops, SRDC.

Southern Railway DC, reference to their 3rd rail nonstandard system ;).

Coxster

Established Member
My 455 will be for both BVE2 and BVE4. The 377 used will be the current BVE2 version (unless somone else upgrades it).

Anyway, I've started tidying Sutton up now.

EpsomBranchline4.jpg

EpsomBranchline5.jpg

LondonBVE

Looks Great, Damon. Hope to see Class 455 for BVE 4 soon. Just wondering when is your Tonbridge to Oprington available for download again?

The Snap

Established Member
Damon, in thart screenshot of the level crossing, isn't the railgap for the 3rd rail too big? :)

The Snap

Established Member
EmergencyBrake said:
You can try to make a short piece of power rail and use it as a freeobject.

Yeah, simply copy the power rail coordinates from the rail .csv/.b3d file, and paste them into a new document. Then, shorten all the lengths to the necessary lengths. You can use it as a freeobj now. ;)

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
Is the crossing a bit better now?

EpsomBranchline9.jpg

I guess so. I don't know how far the power rails go upto a crossing, as I've never seen one. Perhaps someone from the south could clear it up? Anyway, oooks much better Damon. :)

T

Tom

I think they could go a bit closer, but you normally have cattle guards between the end of the power rail and the corssnig.

Status
Not open for further replies.