• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Route Vadility Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slough

Hi

If I have a open return from slough to Eastbourne , and an anytime return from Lewes to Brighton am I able to do the following on the outgoing ticket

Slough to Victoria via Paddington and underground this is valid so no problems But then
London Victoria to Brighton getting the fast train that stops at east Croydon then fast to Brighton
Walk round Brighton for a bit
Then Brighton to Eastbourne ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

34D

Established Member
Hi

If I have a open return from slough to Eastbourne , and an anytime return from Lewes to Brighton am I able to do the following on the outgoing ticket

Slough to Victoria via Paddington and underground this is valid so no problems But then
London Victoria to Brighton getting the fast train that stops at east Croydon then fast to Brighton
Walk round Brighton for a bit
Then Brighton to Eastbourne ?

Sadly not on a fast train: the train would need to stop at the station where you change tickets - national rail conditions of carriage clause 19.

philjo

Established Member
East coast website will let you buy a Slough-Eastbourne ticket travelling via Brighton on a fast train from Victoria so I don't see a problem with this.

As far as I can see going via Brighton is valid on map LB in the routeing guide
(Slough & Lewes are the routing points in this case - the routeing combinations given are LONDON or RG +LB). from London LB is one of the options.

calc7

Established Member
I was going to say, I'd be suprised if London - Eastbourne is not valid via Brighton.

I can't tell if by "open return" you mean Anytime Return (in which case Break of Journey en route is always valid) or Off-Peak Return, whose validity code for this flow does not prevent BoJ anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.