• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Route validity question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harz99

On Wednesday next I intend to make the following outward journey using a Safeguarded Retired Staff Travelcard to buy a priv Off Peak Return Shildon to Leicester. As far as I am aware I cannot use open access GC or FH trains for any part of my journey.

Could one of our experts confirm to me that my intended route is valid (although not straightforward as I intend to make some en route stops between Worksop and Leicester).

0931SHD-DAR/1001 DAR to DON/1104 DON to WRK/1238 WRK to KKB/ 1619 KKB to HKN/ 1729 HKN to BLW/ 1840 BLW to NOT/1905 NOT to LEI.

Return journey will be via normal routings.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
I don't think that your outward route will be valid as the cheaper Shildon-Leicester offpeak return is valid only for journeys via Sheffield and the slightly more expensive one is valid only for journeys via Peterborough.

You could, though, get the 0931 from Shildon to Darlington, the 1007 Cross-Country train from Darlington to Sheffield, the 1144 Northern Trains train from Sheffield to Worksop, and then the 1238 from Worksop as planned. This was the routeing I was offered when I searched for Shildon to Leicester and put in a "via" point of Hucknall.

EDIT: My thoughts above were based on looking at the Virgin Trains East Coast journey planner. But when I look at National Rail Enquiries for the same journey with the same "via" point, I am offered your preferred itinerary although using the 1007 rather than the 1001 out of Darlington (and have realised that the 1104 from Doncaster to Worksop goes via Sheffield). So what you propose seems fine after all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.