• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Route Validity via Dover Priory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal_gee_man

I need to get to St Pancras(STP) from Aylesham(AYH) (halfway between Canterbury East and Dover Priory) all the journey planners want me to either change at Canterbury East(CBE) and walk 20 mins to Canterbury West(CBW) or change at Faversham(FAV) to catch a High speed Javelin 395 to STP, this seems daft to me when Dover Priory(DVP) is a better connection, any way is a off peak return or one month return valid via DVP, I've never seen anything on a ticket to suggest otherwise but restrictions like this are a mystery to me, and confuse the hell out of me, I've even been on BRfares but hey I got lost in the different types of ticket

Thanks in Advance, I've got a couple of days before I travel so hopefully some of the experts here can shed some light on the situation

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
I need to get to St Pancras(STP) from Aylesham(AYH) (halfway between Canterbury East and Dover Priory) all the journey planners want me to either change at Canterbury East(CBE) and walk 20 mins to Canterbury West(CBW) or change at Faversham(FAV) to catch a High speed Javelin 395 to STP, this seems daft to me when Dover Priory(DVP) is a better connection, any way is a off peak return or one month return valid via DVP, I've never seen anything on a ticket to suggest otherwise but restrictions like this are a mystery to me, and confuse the hell out of me, I've even been on BRfares but hey I got lost in the different types of ticket

Thanks in Advance, I've got a couple of days before I travel so hopefully some of the experts here can shed some light on the situation
As far as I can tell, via Dover is not a permitted route. This certainly isn't the only case of the fastest route not being a permitted route.

Status
Not open for further replies.