• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Routeing advice query

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was trying to check the valid routes from Newport to Bath.
I followed the on-site guidance, which identified both Newport and Bath as Routeing Points, and in the Permitted Routes section only map WX is listed.
However, when I go to map WX at the ATOC pages the only lines and stations shown are in the Berkshire/Surrey area - have I done something wrong.
Also, in section 3.4.6 of this forum's Routeing Guidance should there be a direct link to where the Map pages can be found?
Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Are we talking about Newport S. Wales to Bath Spa?

In which case, the latest version of the Yellow Pages (Permitted Route Identifier) shows map SN not WX..See page 1155 of here

IanD

Established Member
Doesn't seem to be much scope for deviation form the "obvious" route unless on a weird through train!

Thanks for responses. The thread on this site with the Routeing Point guidance seems to point to an old version of the 'yellow pages' which shows WX. Is someone able to update it?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I have now updated all links contained in Section 3.4

Muzer

Established Member
Doesn't seem to be much scope for deviation form the "obvious" route unless on a weird through train!
Yeah. I'm surprised it doesn't allow going the Great Way Round...

Status
Not open for further replies.