• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Routeing for Hersham to Elm Park Und via Wimbledon Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I'm trying to find the cheapest way to make this journey. BRfares suggests this ticket but I can't see how it can be used. Wimbledon Park forces you onto the District Line at Wimbledon and you aren't allowed into zone 1, so how do you get across to Elm Park?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cjohnson

West Brompton, up to Willesden Junction then round the GOBLIN? Or West Brompton, back to Clapham Jct, Canada Water, West Ham (it would be more convenient but of course 'off route' to stay on SWT to Clapham Jct and hope that the ticket isn't checked in that 7 minutes...)

Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I can't see a route either without using LO somewhere.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
West Brompton, up to Willesden Junction then round the GOBLIN? Or West Brompton, back to Clapham Jct, Canada Water, West Ham (it would be more convenient but of course 'off route' to stay on SWT to Clapham Jct and hope that the ticket isn't checked in that 7 minutes...)

But the ticket says valid for one journey on lu/dlr. It does not include lo.

It's a pain you can't buy z2-6 travelcards as day tickets.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
It's my understanding that for these tickets the Underground or DLR part of the journey has to be contiguous, i.e. you can't change from Underground to Overground and then back to Underground to finish the journey. So the fare probably isn't suitable for this journey - but BR Fares doesn't look at available routes for zonal tickets; it shows all possible options given the zones of the origin and destination stations.

greatkingrat

Established Member
The Overground is an interavailable route that accepts LU only tickets, so I think it would be possible to use this ticket via West Brompton, Gospel Oak and Barking.

mattdickinson

It's my understanding that for these tickets the Underground or DLR part of the journey has to be contiguous, i.e. you can't change from Underground to Overground and then back to Underground to finish the journey. So the fare probably isn't suitable for this journey - but BR Fares doesn't look at available routes for zonal tickets; it shows all possible options given the zones of the origin and destination stations.

BR Fares even offers an impossible to use Z56 Travelcard for this journey

Status
Not open for further replies.