• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Routeing Points between London Terminals and Edinburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

peaskarr

Hi,

Was trying to figure it out by myself, but can't, guess some of you have the knowledge - what would be the available routeing points for the super offpeak from London Terminals to Edinburgh? I'd like a few hours stop in Leeds. My journey would start at Luton Airport Parkway, though.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
The Yellow Pages show us that London Group to Edinburgh has the following map combinations: (page 1155). I've added a very brief description of each.

These routes involve the ECML at least between York and Edinburgh::
AA - via Cambridge, Ely, Peterborough
EC - the obvious ECML routes, via Stevenage
EY+YA via Luton, Loughborough and York. (Change maps at Leeds, Pontefract or York)

These routes involve the WCML:
GC+BE
GC+BE+EG
GC+WS
GC+WS+EG
LM
LM+EG
PG+EG
TC
TC+EG

Map combination EY+YA allows what you to go via Luton Airport Pway and Leeds. Note that from Luton you need to head north via Kettering, Loughborough and one of Worksop or Sheffield.
Join the ECML at Retford, Doncaster or York. You can't join the ECML south of Retford once you've started going via Luton.

For the Super Off-Peak Return from London Terminals to Edinburgh, you can't leave Luton Airport Pway on weekday trains timed to depart St Pancras after 04:29 and before 10:26; and after 15:15 and before 18:59.

Last edited:

John @ home

Established Member
Are you intending to use a ticket from Luton Airport Parkway or a ticket from London Terminals?

Andrew1395

Once at Leeds Via Sheffield, you can continue your journey via Hellifield and Carlisle but not Glasgow to Edinburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.