• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Routes covered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you have a map of routes covered, please post a link to it here.

My map is here:-

http://www.railuk.org/images/temp/natrail.gif

Hosting of maps is available on request (Please PM me).

Here's a template you are welcome to use to create your own map:

http://www.railuk.org/images/temp/natrail_template.gif

To edit the map you'll need to use the paint brush to mark the end of lines, and then use flood fill to change colour of the relevant lines. It's very easy. (The undo tool may come in handy too!).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you're not sure how to edit the template, follow these instructions:-

1. Open it up in an image editing program

2. Zoom in

3. Use the brush tool (on a pixel size of 1 pixel only) to mark the edge of the lines

4. Use flood fill to fill in the rest

Example 1:
A journey from Ely to Kings Lynn.
As Kings Lynn is a terminus I need only put a bit of green at Ely
instruction0.gif

And then use flood fill to fill in the line (I do NOT need to draw over the line or anything like that, which could get messy!)
instruction1.gif

Example 2:
York to Sheffield via Pontefract Baghill
This is tricky, I need to use the paint brush at all junctions to avoid turning all other lines green...
instruction2.gif

Now I can use flood fill to fill in the bits (If I make a mistake I can always use undo)
instruction4.gif

It's easy to do, even MS Paint can do it. Please save your images as a GIF (PNG not needed as it's low colour).

No excuses now ;) :lol:

Met Driver

Established Member
i've done mine but since photobucket persist in reducing it to the size of a grain of rice every time i upload it, i'm going to have to find somewhere else to put it

Status
Not open for further replies.