• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Routes on BVE2 no longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nutter

I believe so due to BVE4 being so superior, even though BVE 2 was good. I'm sure with a bit of fiddling some of the BVE 4 routes will work with BVE, as i belive BVE 2 can read CSV. files too

Coxster

Established Member
My upcoming Epsom Downs to Mitcham/London Blackfriars route is being coded for both.

leezer3

Just about all of the problem with this is the way that BVE is coded as a whole. This is because Mackoy chose to implement various new functions into BVE 4 which were not present/ differently implemented in BVE 2. In some cases, this would mean the re-writing of large sections of code simply to achieve scenic parity. The best example of this off the top of my head is the way that panels & train acceleration work in BVE 4 as opposed to 2- in BVE 4, the .dll file handles most of these functions, & can be customised nearly at will. BVE 2 on the other hand works within a very restricted set of parameters, and workarounds had to be found to create effects. Therefore, it is easier in many ways to create the same effect in BVE 4.

Chris Lees

Status
Not open for further replies.