• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Routes that used to be operated by TransPennine Express but no longer are

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac embleton

i am curious to know when three respective Transpennine Express services were introduced and also when they ceased to operate
Manchester to Bridlington (extension of Manchester to Hull service)
Liverpool to Sunderland (extension of Liverpool to Newcastle service)
Blackpool North to Scarborough (extension of Blackpool North to Leeds/York service)
also may i enquire as to when the York to Scarborough shuttle services were withdrawn?

thankyou all very much in advance :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pemma

Veteran Member

That ended in 2004. Arriva Trains Northern operated it as a TPE branded service but when the government awarded a new separate TPE franchise there was no requirement for trains to run to Sunderland. They also were required to run more consistent services so pretty much all Liverpool trains went to Scarborough.

TPE trailed that service in the summer of 2004 and loaned 2 x 158s from First North Western for the purpose. However, when the 158s had to be returned (when the new Northern franchise started) the service was cut back to Hull again.

Andrew Nelson

i am curious to know when three respective Transpennine Express services were introduced and also when they ceased to operate
Blackpool North to Scarborough (extension of Blackpool North to Leeds/York service)
also may i enquire as to when the York to Scarborough shuttle services were withdrawn?

thankyou all very much in advance :)

I think at least one of the Sunderland services ran via the Durham Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.