• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Routes to Tunbridge Wells

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarltonA

I will be going to Tunbridge Wells from Gerrards Cross whilst my friend will be starting from Wimbledon.

My plan is to meet her at Waterloo having used the Bakerloo from Marylebone. Can someone confirm our routes via Waterloo and Waterloo East are valid on normal Off Peak Day Returns?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
I will be going to Tunbridge Wells from Gerrards Cross whilst my friend will be starting from Wimbledon.

My plan is to meet her at Waterloo having used the Bakerloo from Marylebone. Can someone confirm our routes via Waterloo and Waterloo East are valid on normal Off Peak Day Returns?

Hi, I don't see why not. For your friend's ticket, one of the permitted routes is Wimbledon - Waterloo, walk to Waterloo East, then Waterloo East to TBW.

For your journey, a permitted route is Gerrards Cross-MYB, underground from there to any other London Terminal that is valid for this journey (in this case Charing Cross, Victoria, Waterloo East (Southwark), London Bridge, Cannon Street, Blackfriars, City Thameslink - phew!), then onward train to Tunbridge Wells. Going to Waterloo Underground is perfectly reasonable, and besides you can actually exit (but not re-enter) from the Underground at ANY Zone 1 station (and then walk), if you like. So all perfectly good.

I live in Tunbridge Wells, so do things like this all the time.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
As alistairlees says above, this is valid.

From High Wycombe, travel via Waterloo East is considered to be the shortest route (so no need to even consult the Routeing Guide)

From Wimbledon, the fares are all routed "London not Und" which forces travel via Waterloo East.

Status
Not open for further replies.