• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Routing Cheltenham Cleethorpes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzug2

I'm looking for an 'interesting' routing for one leg of this trip (with an offpeak return). One that is unlikely to produce a hostile response at a ticket check

The direct route (quickest anyway) seems to be via Sheffield which is fine one way but a bit boring twice. The other way I'm pondering Cheltenham Birmingham Leicester Nottingham Lincoln - I think this is a valid route but not 100% sure

I'd like to go (from Leicester) Peterborough Spalding Sleaford Lincoln, but I'm pretty sure that's not valid

Any thoughts as to other possibilities?

Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
You can use the ticket on a through train (if there was one), the shortest route used by scheduled services (which I haven't worked out) or a mapped route.

Using the Routeing Guide, Cheltenham is a routeing point, and the routeing point for Cleethorpes is Habrough.

Mapped routes have to be traced using any of the following map combinations:

PB + BG

PB + DG

PH

PY + SH

All mapped routes involve going through Birmingham (via Redditch, via Worcester & Redditch, or via Worcester & Dudley).

Then you have the following choices:

Birmingham - (Lichfield if you want) - Tamworth - Derby - Sheffield - and then either via Doncaster or via Worksop & Retford

Birmingham - (Lichfield if you want) - Tamworth - Derby - Nottingham - Newark - Lincoln

Birmingham - Nuneaton - Leicester - Loughboro - Derby and then via Sheffield & Doncaster or via Sheffield, Worksop & Retford or via Nottingham, Newark & Lincoln

Birmingham - Nuneaton - Leicester - Loughboro - Nottingham - Newark -Lincoln

None of those routes go via Peterborough, and the online journey planners are not offering any routes for your ticket via any of Peterborough, Spalding and Sleaford.

Status
Not open for further replies.