• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Routing guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bennorthyork

I'm struggling with the pdf version, the other was much easier! Can someone please tell me valid routes from York to Newark Northgate and York - Newark Castle?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Valid routes York - Newark Group are on maps ER, ER+PN, and NE+XA.

A hint for anyone for section C, in order to find the maps, simply use the search function in Adobe Reader and put the two routeing points in there. In the above example I put
York Newark
in the box.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm struggling with the pdf version, the other was much easier! Can someone please tell me valid routes from York to Newark Northgate and York - Newark Castle?
I recommend a Poppleton to Rolleston ticket. They can't make you walk from Northgate to Castle. Those tickets have been accepted without question via Sheffield.

bennorthyork

I'm slightly confused by the maps. On YRK - NNG it looks like I can travel via the direct route Doncaster - Retford or via Selby or via Lincoln. Is that right?

John @ home

Established Member
Valid routes York - Newark Group are on maps ER, ER+PN, and NE+XA.

I'm slightly confused by the maps. On YRK - NNG it looks like I can travel via the direct route Doncaster - Retford or via Selby or via Lincoln. Is that right?

Yes. Map ER allows York - Doncaster, either via Selby or direct via the ECML, and Doncaster - Newark, either via Barnetby or via Retford. If you choose to go via Selby, then the Selby - Doncaster portion can be direct to re-join the ECML at Temple Hirst Jn, or via Gilberdyke (Gilberdyke station is not shown on the map).

Using maps ER+PN allows York - Leeds - Wakefield - Doncaster - Newark, via Lincoln or via Barnetby or via Retford. Between Leeds and Wakefield there are 4 choices: via Halifax and Huddersfield, via Dewsbury and Huddersfield, via Outwood or via Pontefract (Dewsbury and Outwood not shown on the map).

Finally, NE+XA adds the option York - (Selby or ECML) - Doncaster - Retford - Lincoln - Newark.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.