• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Routing query, London to Aylesford

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeGee

Hello everyone, I'm wondering if someone could resolve a query for me?

I need to travel on Sunday 23 May between London and Aylesford. Normally I'd HS1 from St Pancras and change at Strood.

There are engineering works between Gravesend and Strood and therefore a RRB between Ebbsfleet and Maidstone West.

Journey planners for that day recommend Charing Cross to Tonbridge, then the Medway Valley Line to MDW, and thence the RRB. This makes sense.

What I'm wondering, though, is whether this is a temporary routing due to the Engineering Work, or whether London Terminals to Aylesford Plus Highspeed is usually available via Maidstone.

If this ticket is valid via Maidstone, would it be valid to travel via Maidstone East and onward via Barracks? And therefore would I be able to stop short at Barming? And would this be just while the works are on, or permanently?

Probably I'll drive due to the faff of buses, but I'm happy to walk a couple of miles home to avoid this if the weather is clement.

Similarly, for future reference is via Tonbridge also normally an acceptable route for London Terminals to Aylesford?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

paul1609

Established Member
ST Pancras to Aylesford is valid via routing points Tonbridge or Strood technically its not valid via Maidstone East but I doubt anyone would question it in the event of engineering works.

alistairlees

Established Member
Via Maidstone East might well become valid when there are replacement buses as it might well then be the shortest route by rail (RRBs don't count for calculating distance).

Status
Not open for further replies.