• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Routing question - Glasgow to London

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlogax

Established Member
Hopefully an easily addressable question. I have an off peak return from GLC to Surbiton, intending to use midweek alongside a Sleeper room supplement. Will that ticket be valid via Edinburgh? Direct Glasgow sleeper services don't return for the next few weeks.

Thanks all.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Hopefully an easily addressable question. I have an off peak return from GLC to Surbiton, intending to use midweek alongside a Sleeper room supplement. Will that ticket be valid via Edinburgh? Direct Glasgow sleeper services don't return for the next few weeks.

Thanks all.
It's a permitted route if you continue to London via the ECML. Technically you shouldn't go to London via the WCML but how Scotrail staff between Glasgow and Edinburgh would know that you intended to take the Sleeper via the WCML is another matter...

nlogax

Established Member
It's a permitted route if you continue to London via the ECML. Technically you shouldn't go to London via the WCML but how Scotrail staff between Glasgow and Edinburgh would know that you intended to take the Sleeper via the WCML is another matter...
Thanks for that.. yes, good point I hadn't considered. May give the nice folks at CS a call to set my mind at ease :)

Haywain

Veteran Member
I would expect Scotrail to accept the ticket travelling to Edinburgh for the sleeper in these circumstances.

nlogax

Established Member
CS really are such a nice bunch to talk to on the phone. They've confirmed my ticket is valid so I just needed to book the room supplement. There may be some explaining needed to Scotrail on the EDB leg but hopeful that it'll be fine. Thanks both for your help.

hkstudent

Established Member
CS really are such a nice bunch to talk to on the phone. They've confirmed my ticket is valid so I just needed to book the room supplement. There may be some explaining needed to Scotrail on the EDB leg but hopeful that it'll be fine. Thanks both for your help.
Yeah. It would be good to show the room supplement ticket to the barrier staff at EDB, which would ease the conversation quickly.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Yeah. It would be good to show the room supplement ticket to the barrier staff at EDB, which would ease the conversation quickly.
Completely unnecessary when the ticket being used is valid at Edinburgh - it's the route subsequently taken that is, technically, not valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.