• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rovers in fares view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I've noticed that National Rail Enquiries had added rovers to the fares chart when you go to enquire about fares.

I wonder how long they've been doing it for. It seems an odd thing to do given they are listed under 'Off-peak.' Hopefully it won't confuse anyone!

Attachments

• tkts.jpg
    tkts.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 51
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rail-britain

Established Member
That looks like an error has crept in, as I've never seen them on any query I have made

dan_atki

Established Member
That looks like an error has crept in, as I've never seen them on any query I have made

Appear to be showing up on all queries where the journey can be completed on a rover - try SOU to WEY for example and then click the 'More Fares' button, and sure enough FOSS and FOSW appear in the list of Off-peak tickets.

Admittedly only the 8 in 15 variant of the FOSS appears but still good it tells you about the validity of the rover.

Good idea I think on the whole, and a good way of marketing rovers.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Not the best way of marketing them. A Great Malvern to Tiverton Parkway return is cheaper on a 3 in 7 FoSS than it is to buy a normal return! I was shocked to see that a Cheltenham Spa to Tiverton Parkway CDR (with Y-P) was nearly £25 in May, yet the FoSS 3 in 7 (again a Y-P fare) is £26.50 but allows so much more freedom for hardly anything more than allows one to return the following day too (making it cheaper than a Saver Return).

Oops, what am I saying? Those fare names are incorrect now...Still getting used to the new confusing names...

A60K

Day Rangers are listed as well - try Carlisle to Barrow-in-Furness for example and the Cumbrian Coast ticket is shown. Excellent idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.