• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Royal Train in cardiff this thursday 26th April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Armed Guard have to act in accordance with JSP 398. Shots will only by fired, when life is in danger (i.e, someone attempting to kill someone). You will not be shot for taking photographs as you are not endangering life, so there is no need to worry. I know this, as as recently as last night, I have been carrying out Armed Guard Duties within the military. Same applies for the police or other armed services.

I am not saying you are going to be shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am saying an armed officer asking you to do something concentrates your response bit!

Pen Mill

bnm

Established Member
RPI: "Do you have a ticket for this journey?"

Her Maj: "No. It's one's own train. One doesn't need tickets."

RPI: "Everyone must have a valid ticket ma'am, it's part of the Conditions of Carriage. I'm going to have to take some details. Do you have some ID?"

Her Maj dips into her handbag and pulls out a tenner....

Side note: Were the Queen to be prosecuted under the RRA 1889 would the case be listed in court as Regina vs Regina? :p

jon0844

Veteran Member
RPI: "Do you have a ticket for this journey"

Her Majesty: "I don't need one, this is the Royal Train and I'm the Queen"

RPI: "I'm sorry but this service is the Royal Express and you need a special Express ticket"

Her Majesty: "But I'm the Queen. I can use either, it's the same Royal family!"

RPI: "I am really sorry but they're actually totally different services and not related at all, so you're going to have to pay a penalty fare or leave at the next station"

Her Majesty: "B***cks, I should never have given assent to railway privatisation!"

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Or how about this:

RPI: Ticket please.

HM: One does not have a ticket; this is one's own train.

RPI: Technically it's a charter as it's owned by DB, not the Crown Estate, so therefore you must...

HM: PHILIP!! Come here a minute! ( calls towards next carriage )

RPI: Gulp! ( runs off )

Status
Not open for further replies.