• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Royal Train to Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geezah1984

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right section, or if this post is allowed, but being from Leicester, I know the Queen is visiting tomorrow. I am not after timings (unless known) as I know she will be in leicester for about 11am. What I would want to know is what route the train is likely to take. Comon sense would sugest the MML from London. I have yet to see a Royal Train, and it would be a good one to photo.

If this post is not allowed (because of security) then by all means delete it.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Logic often does not always apply where the Royal Train is concerned, she might even be using a normal service train; been done before. Only surmising as I really don't know one way or the other. Somebody with TOPS access might be able to see what the two 67s are up to, though no details will be shown there are ways of telling if the train might be out.

marks87

Established Member
...she might even be using a normal service train; been done before.
Is it still the case that the Royal Train with QEII on board runs as 1X01?

And if so, is it like Air Force One in the US, where any plane carrying the President has that call sign -- any train carrying the monarch is 1X01, regardless if it's "the" Royal Train, or a normal service?

(Same as other posts...if this can't be discussed, apologies etc. and delete :))

Wath Yard

Earlier today 67005 was stored (pool WNTR) at Crewe Electric and 67006 was at Eastleigh.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Logic often does not always apply where the Royal Train is concerned, she might even be using a normal service train; been done before. Only surmising as I really don't know one way or the other. Somebody with TOPS access might be able to see what the two 67s are up to, though no details will be shown there are ways of telling if the train might be out.

There is one tell tale clue relating to the status of the 67s when the train is due to run, but I am not going to post it!

However it is worth keeping an eye on press releases from the Palace. On rare occasions they do state in advance that the train is to be used ( though obviously not the timings, route and layovers ).

Geezah1984

Be good if I could see the train in use (knowing my luck she will be travelling EMT). I asked the route as there is a couple of possibles, and I would love to be at the right one. I might take a chance and try Kibworth. Knowing my luck though it will come via Birmingham.

Thanks for the help guys.

38Cto15E

If the 67s are elsewhere it looks like the 1015 or 1025 from St Pancras, if so I hope the First class seats are at the station end, long red carpet otherwise. :)

OuterDistant

Can't see why anyone's mentioning the "s" word. The Queen's visit to Leicester (including where she'll be, and when) is plastered all over Leicester City Council's website, the local paper, the BBC...

nedchester

Established Member
There is one tell tale clue relating to the status of the 67s when the train is due to run, but I am not going to post it!

However it is worth keeping an eye on press releases from the Palace. On rare occasions they do state in advance that the train is to be used ( though obviously not the timings, route and layovers ).

I think they are usually down as both being at Bescot or some such........

Jdrowlands

I think they are usually down as both being at Bescot or some such........

Spot on there

Both are usually shown as at Bescot with the status 'X'. Sometimes there's also a strange allocation on them, the other week one was showing 'PANC' and the other 'CAKES'.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Great.... now you've said that openly they'll probably change it in future so that both show different details and locations!:roll:

junglejames

Established Member
Great.... now you've said that openly they'll probably change it in future so that both show different details and locations!:roll:

You shouldnt have hinted about it, then nobody would have thought about saying anything.
Dont hint about something you are not willing to expand on, and which you dont want others to expand on!!
That'll teach you!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.