• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Royal Visit NCL 19/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr395008

Does anyone know if Her Majesty is travelling up by train? If so, does anyone know if it'll be steam or loco hauled?

I realise it may be difficult to get timings etc so I won't request these. Just interested if she'll be arriving by train!

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
According to the Palace website Her Majesty is in Newcastle on the 18th, not the 19th - in Leeds on the 19th.

Mr395008

Ah yes. Apologies, misread the date. Still curious if she is traveling by train up North as it'll be nice to see diamond jubilee.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Is anyone able to get any information as to whether the royal train will make a appearance?

turbo mick

its not common knowledge for information about the royal train been given out obviously for security issues

Established Member
According to BBC Radio Newcastle, Prince Charles will be in the region soon, travelling on Tornado.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
They have also announced that the Tornado hauled train will pass Durham ( I think it is ) at around noon on that date.

Status
Not open for further replies.