• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RTT Query - 5E50 - Is this route retention?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

louis97

Established Member
This train in question normally runs via Bowes Park to allow it to enter Hornsey EMUD from the north end, however a possession at Bowes Park required it to divert via New Barnet to allow it to access the depot from the north end.

This train also does this move one week in April, I presume there is a possession at Bowes Park again, however I have not checked. You'll note in the linked train, the train did not actually run to New Barnet, I assume the depot was able to accept the train at the south end without issue.

Steve Harris

This train in question normally runs via Bowes Park to allow it to enter Hornsey EMUD from the north end, however a possession at Bowes Park required it to divert via New Barnet to allow it to access the depot from the north end.

This train also does this move one week in April, I presume there is a possession at Bowes Park again, however I have not checked. You'll note in the linked train, the train did not actually run to New Barnet, I assume the depot was able to accept the train at the south end without issue.
Thank you for the very informative reply. Yes there was a T3 possession at Bowes Park as I was looking at OpenTrainTimes map when I noticed 5E50 cross from the Down Slow to the Up Slow, so contrary to your assumption it did reverse at New Barnet and go into Hornsey by the North entrance.

Going on your info I have a suspicion that it had to come in from the north end to gain access to the Maintenance Shed. Unfortunately like you above, making assumptions is not a good thing as there normally wrong ! But at least I have had my question answered, so not all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.