• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rugby Platform length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Established Member
Hey

was just wondering is the center platform at Rugby the longest in the uk although It is actually two platforms as I mean from the start of platform 2 to the end of the bay platform.

It does indeed seem quite long.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

flymo

Established Member
I always thought Gloucester or Colchester (can't remember which) had the longest platform in the UK. Could be wrong though.

Has Rugby's platform been lengthened recently?

Phoenix

Established Member
I always thought Gloucester or Colchester (can't remember which) had the longest platform in the UK. Could be wrong though.

Has Rugby's platform been lengthened recently?

Hmmm well I think by the look of it its longer than colchester.

Established Member
Platform 11 and 7 In Edinburgh Waverey outdoes Rugby by being about 150m longer :)

Gloucester has the longest platform in the UK at about 603 metres (But Waverley's not far behind at about 580m ;))

Last edited:

mrcheek

Established Member
seriously, can someone lock this thread now?

this discussion comes up every month or so, "whats the longest platform". last time it went to about 8 pages, and people just kept repeating the same stations!!!!!

longest is Gloucester. Colchester dont count, as its not a continuous platform. so there. now lock this thread Mr Moderator!!!

GB

Established Member
If people want to discuss this more than once then let them, nothing saying you have to participate.

Phoenix

Established Member
seriously, can someone lock this thread now?

this discussion comes up every month or so, "whats the longest platform". last time it went to about 8 pages, and people just kept repeating the same stations!!!!!

longest is Gloucester. Colchester dont count, as its not a continuous platform. so there. now lock this thread Mr Moderator!!!

Since when did you get a say and yes it comes up a lot but rugby has only been recently finished and is longer than before so stop the backseat moderating mate.

me123

Established Member
I've decided to stop this thread before it goes any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.