• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rugby-Widney Manor valid R1 restriction

Status
Not open for further replies.

nat67

Established Member
Hi folks I would like to get to Brum tomorrown and get a VT 390. Will this not be valid on the 0951 from Rugby as the 1051 is a Voyager thing.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Hi folks I would like to get to Brum tomorrown and get a VT 390. Will this not be valid on the 0951 from Rugby as the 1051 is a Voyager thing.
There is no restriction code R1. The two restriction codes used across the different Off-Peak tickets available for Rugby-Widney Manor are CS and JD.

The former, used for the Off-Peak Period tickets, is valid on any train from 09:00 (or before 04:30!). The latter, used for the Off-Peak Day tickets, is valid on any train from 09:15 (or before 04:30).

So either would be valid on a 09:51 service from Rugby.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Restriction code R1 is applied (internally to TISs and journey planners) when a 16-25 railcard is used. If the fare is discounted by a 16-25 railcard, then the minimum fare must be applied if you travel on any train that departs before 10:00.

So, if you want to travel on the 09:51 you need to buy the minimum fare version of the ticket, i.e. priced at £12. If the ticket is priced less than £12 and you're using a 16-25 Railcard it will not be valid on the 09:51.

Status
Not open for further replies.