• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rule book

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCC106

Established Member
You have 2 start dates on your previous posts, 06 June and 08 July. I must say, I thought your op was asking us to answer your homework. Major NO NO! Why not look at your rule book? Or ask us to point you towards the right modules? Or give the answers you think are right and ask for any help afterwards? If you are trying to get ahead and haven't started yet, anyone already working as a train driver would tell you NOT to do so! The course will be aimed at someone with no prior knowledge.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SweetMate

Was meant to start on them dates but some messed up, both courses were at capacity so I'll be on next available one.

There's me thinking giving myself a bit of knowledge would help me out, how wrong was I. Anyways I have a rule book now which I intend to browse through from time to time, so this thread can be disregarded.

Wow I cant believe some people on here, think this will be my last post as I won't be back.

Dave1987

On Moderation
Was meant to start on them dates but some messed up, both courses were at capacity so I'll be on next available one.

There's me thinking giving myself a bit of knowledge would help me out, how wrong was I. Anyways I have a rule book now which I intend to browse through from time to time, so this thread can be disregarded.

Wow I cant believe some people on here, think this will be my last post as I won't be back.

You mean it wasn't the reaction you expected? You will be taught all you need to know on your rules course. Once you have been taught rules by an instructor and actually understand them then browse you rule book until your hearts content. There is a very big difference between reading the rule book and understanding it! But then again if you think you know better than people who have already been there and done exactly what you are about to do then so be it.

LowLevel

Established Member

You have to remember that we depend on each other to stay safe. Thus giving the answers to such things on the railway is frowned upon - there's nothing worse than working with someone who hasn't a clue!

SPADTrap

Established Member
You'll need thicker skin than that!

Put the rule book down.

Step away from the rule book.

You'll thank everyone when you pass out.

Last edited:

ComUtoR

Established Member
There's me thinking giving myself a bit of knowledge would help me out, how wrong was I.

Very wrong. A little knowledge is not a good thing. The training course is done to teach you knowledge and to keep it in context. Knowledge without understanding is dangerous.

Anyways I have a rule book now which I intend to browse through from time to time, so this thread can be disregarded.

I wouldn't. I know your eager and can't wait but all advise is generally to leave it alone and let the instructors walk you through it. The courses are designed for you to have little to no knowledge and that you are taught it logically rather than blindly reading each module. There are also parts of the rule book that aren't relevant to a Driver.

That's a shame, there are some very knowledgeable people, highly likely a few of your colleagues and possibly an instructor or two.

LCC106

Established Member
You may not like the responses you've been given but we've been there and we are advising you not to read up in advance for a reason. You probably won't understand the context and will confuse yourself. I respectfully suggest you look at your OP and the responses a couple of months in to your training. You will understand then why your post looks like a request to do your homework. Good luck with your career.

Status
Not open for further replies.