• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Running time Pad - West Drayton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete2210

I wasn't quite sure whether this was the right place to post this question, but here goes. Can anyone tell me the running time for HST's from Paddington to passing West Drayton. Many Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pete2210

Thanks Causton, 15 minutes seems a bit long, I could understand recovery time on the up but that seems a bit excessive, however 11 minutes sounds better.

Zoe

Established Member
Thanks Causton, 15 minutes seems a bit long, I could understand recovery time on the up but that seems a bit excessive, however 11 minutes sounds better.
The sleeper (23:45) is loco hauled and so has slower acceleration and a slower maximum speed.

causton

Established Member
I assume it is due to engineering allowance - many trains around here seem to have 5 or 10 minutes added (in addition to the normal padding) for no reason as well. Perhaps the signaller's a bit slow as they're tired at that time of night ;)

Zoe

Established Member
I assume it is due to engineering allowance - many trains around here seem to have 5 or 10 minutes added (in addition to the normal padding) for no reason as well. Perhaps the signaller's a bit slow as they're tired at that time of night
See above, the 2345 service is the Night Riviera.

The Planner

Veteran Member
HSTs don't get timed at West Drayton so it is difficult to say unless someone stopwatches it. There will be no allowances or anything built in at that point. Trains are only timed there if stopping or swapping running lines.

Pete2210

Thanks to Causton and Zoe for their help, yes Zoe I should have tumbled that the 2345 was the Night Riviera, and thanks also to The Planner, yes I realised that HST's don't have a passing time for WDT, it was just a rough "rule of thumb" time that I was looking for, and 11 minutes seems to fit, I can now photograph trains knowing what train it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.