• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ryde Esplanade Station & Wightlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

bella

Can a single Senior Citizen's Wightlink ferry ticket (£9.70) be bought here? If not, apart from online or top of Pier Head (a long walk?) where else on the IOW can it be bought in advance?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cav1975

Can a single Senior Citizen's Wightlink ferry ticket (£9.70) be bought here? If not, apart from online or top of Pier Head (a long walk?) where else on the IOW can it be bought in advance?

If you have a senior railcard you should be able to buy a Ryde Esplanade - Portsmouth Harbour rail/ferry single for £9.45.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
The rail and feryr ticket is cheaper, though there's not much in it. So there's no need for a walk along the pier!

I remember visiting Southampton once, and finding that a rail plus ferry ticket from Millbrook to Cowes West was cheaper than just buying a ferry ticket.

Brucey

The rail and feryr ticket is cheaper, though there's not much in it. So there's no need for a walk along the pier!

I remember visiting Southampton once, and finding that a rail plus ferry ticket from Millbrook to Cowes West was cheaper than just buying a ferry ticket.
In the case of Hovertravel, a train ticket is always cheaper if you have a railcard (£17.55 anytime return, £13.15 anytime day return, £13.00 off peak day return and £12.70 super off peak day return) vs £21.00 for just a hovercraft day return.

Last time I enquired, the train ticket even included the Hoverbus from Portsmouth & Southsea to the hoverport.

There's also some special fare for Interrail pass holders (around £5 for a return IIRC).

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
Do you intend on visiting the IoW railway on the day? If you do there's an "Island Liner" ticket that covers the Island Line and the IoW railway, think it's about £12 though I don't think it covers ferry travel over to the Island

Status
Not open for further replies.