• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ryde Hoverport

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintonian

Established Member
Just a thought, with the suspention of the hovercraft Weightlink are accepting Hovertravel tickets on the cats are tickets to Ryde Hoverport strictly valid to Portsmouth stations or just Portsmouth and Southsea?

It's a fairly moot point as I doubt anyone would complain particularly now if you ended up at Portsmouth Harbour with a ticket to Ryde Hoverport, but still I was thinking about it yesterday and the connecting station is supposed to be Portsmouth and Southsea.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Yes the connecting station is Portsmouth & SouthSea.

But surely during this disruption with HoverCraft, Common Sense would prevail allowing customers to travel to Portsmouth Harbour Instead.

wintonian

Established Member
Yes the connecting station is Portsmouth & SouthSea.

But are they valid to Portsmouth Stations or just PMS?

But surely during this disruption with HoverCraft, Common Sense would prevail allowing customers to travel to Portsmouth Harbour Instead.

I'm sure they are, I was just thinking about the technicality's of it.

Mind you if SWT wanted to be awkward they cold insist passengers get of at PMS and use the Hoverbus as normal but alighting at the Hard instead which is next door to Portsmouth Harbour

sonic2009

Established Member
I've always known them to be valid to Portsmouth Stations, although i will stand corrected.

tsr

Established Member
Apparently the bus is running as normal to the Hard. I've only used it once for the journey from the Southsea Terminal area to the Hard (as far as I recall) but I don't think it would too much of an inconvenience.

LondonJohn

I was led to believe that you have to go to the Hoverport first at Southsea and get a voucher from Hovertravel Staff to present to Wightlink for travel, well from what I can see on the Hovertravel Website.

wintonian

Established Member
I was led to believe that you have to go to the Hoverport first at Southsea and get a voucher from Hovertravel Staff to present to Wightlink for travel, well from what I can see on the Hovertravel Website.

Well that's a bit around about face, it's only a pound ish more to go Wightlink anyway so I think I'd be saving the hassle of going to southsea and back and giving my money to Wightlink instead.

tsr

Established Member
As far as I am aware, Hovertravel staff were at Wightlink anyway, but are no longer there, as a limited hovercraft service is now operational. Wightlink travel can be achieved by going to the Hoverport first.

I repeat, a limited hovercraft service is now operational. See here for more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.