• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

S&C, Wennington lines both down to just two trains each way/day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Has demand dropped off so badly?
It's now 4tpd on both routes, I think as from today though I read it as being from 6 July.
I imagine (sadly not being able to go and check) the answer to your question is Yes.
Colleges are closed and your typical Dales-to-Leeds commuter is likely to be WFH. Car ownership West of Skipton will be pretty high too, so very few commuters still using services.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
The thread in the Covid section suggests a normal timetable should be back from 6 July, but I don't know if that would apply to the very rural lines. But until leisure re-opens properly, I'd say demand is likely to be low (but then again, it is in winter too and they run a proper timetable there).

Veteran Member
The thread in the Covid section suggests a normal timetable should be back from 6 July, but I don't know if that would apply to the very rural lines. But until leisure re-opens properly, I'd say demand is likely to be low (but then again, it is in winter too and they run a proper timetable there).
The 4tpd service is shown on the Northern pdf as from 6 July.

70014IronDuke

Established Member
It's now 4tpd on both routes, I think as from today though I read it as being from 6 July.
I imagine (sadly not being able to go and check) the answer to your question is Yes.
Colleges are closed and your typical Dales-to-Leeds commuter is likely to be WFH. Car ownership West of Skipton will be pretty high too, so very few commuters still using services.
It was 4 TPD until a week or two back. And for a couple of weeks they added a RRB substituting for the morning and evening Kirkby Stephen commuter trains (early morning and 18.00-ish ex Carlisle).

But on RTT this morning, it's only 2 TPD on the S&C and Wennington routes.

_toommm_

Established Member
It was 4 TPD until a week or two back. And for a couple of weeks they added a RRB substituting for the morning and evening Kirkby Stephen commuter trains (early morning and 18.00-ish ex Carlisle).

Definitely coming up as 4TPD each way for me today.

Veteran Member

I looked on RTT as well (for Hellifield)
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/se...9/0200-0159?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt&toc=NT
Just noticed that the first half are VAR but the second half are STP, so I wonder if someone forgot to upload them? Tomorrow they are all STP...

70014IronDuke

Established Member

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member

_toommm_

Established Member
Settle to Carlisle Line

Bentham Line:

70014IronDuke

Established Member
You need to go into advanced settings to show STP, and then they show up at Appleby.

That was my normal default for RTT - somehow it switched to something else.

Apologies for causing confusion. RRBs still running for Kirkby S commuter trains too.

Status
Not open for further replies.