• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

S stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek

All future sub surface stock will be of the same design, but will it suit the needs and wants of the pax on the Met?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Nope - won't be of same design.

There will be a 7 & 8 car version.

I believe the 7 car version will have the C-stock style seating, and the Met having a mix between A-stock & C-stock seating... transverse one side, longdidtudal the other..

Derek

Nope - won't be of same design.

There will be a 7 & 8 car version.

I believe the 7 car version will have the C-stock style seating, and the Met having a mix between A-stock & C-stock seating... transverse one side, longdidtudal the other..

Hmm, no advantage of flexability then.

T

Tom

Since when? Where did you find this out? The chaps at LUL Upgrades don't know that.

class 313

Established Member
Since when? Where did you find this out? The chaps at LUL Upgrades don't know that.

Well you see when the 'S' stock was first planned it had an interior of a 377 but now the 'S' stock will have a mix of wall seats and your standerd 2 isle seats.

300pxsstockinterior96a22bbb8.jpg

"A computer-generated image of the interior of the S stock. Copyright: Bombardier Rail"

From Wikipedia

T

Tom

Can I just repeat something...

There will be 2 variations of S stock.

8 car and 7 car. They will have 2 different seating layouts.

7 car will be C stock seating, and 8 car will be transverse one side, longdidtudal the other.

332 > 444

On a Yahoo group, i was sceptical of the variations of the seating, why not fully transverse on the 8 car and a mix on the 7 car?

T

Tom

A "mix" on the 7 car in the peak on the Circle line... think again!

DavyCrocket

They will both have the same seating, a mix of seating, more or less as shown in the picture further above. I was at a meeting the other day and it was confirmed. The only difference between the Met and the District, C&H lines will be the train length.

The seating arrangements will be fine on the Circle. Granted that with less doors, it might take longer to pass into the train, but there will be significantly more space inside the saloon.

Metronet have a number of set targets that they must meet and is set in the PPP Contracts; such as dwell time, journey time, passenger space and how quickly passengers can board. The more they exceed this the more cash they get.
Anyhthing extra, then LUL has to pay.

They have also not yet decided about the Chesham single and what will operate over that. It is likely though that the bay road will be extended north to an 8 car platfom.

We will know for certain in 3-4 years!

Derek

They will both have the same seating, a mix of seating, more or less as shown in the picture further above. I was at a meeting the other day and it was confirmed. The only difference between the Met and the District, C&H lines will be the train length.

That was my assumption when starting this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.