• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Saarbruecken to Strasbourg on the tram train

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnkleBoots

I was in Saarbruecken and bought a local trains ticket to Strasbourg, but then missed the train.

I then found out that while there aren't many trains from Saarbruecken, there is a regular tram train that takes you to the border.

Was my train ticket valid on the tram train?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
The DB website doesn't show a through fare using the TT so no. At least theoretically.

AnkleBoots

AnkleBoots

It is, but if you were going to Strasbourg, the bus is quicker, which you can't say that often in this part of the world !
I didn't know there was a bus! Good to know. Does it go from outside the station and can you pay onboard?

riceuten

It's Flixbus, so purchase online. The whole forecourt of SB Hbf is the bus (and tram) station, I think the Flixbuses are to the left (ask at the info counter just as you leave the station)

Status
Not open for further replies.