• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sad news regarding member PermitToTravel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
With great sadness I have to tell you all that PermitToTravel (Fahad Sadah) has passed away in the last few weeks. He was a long standing member of this Forum and indeed quite a few of us knew him personally from his attendance at Forum Meals and other Meets. He always brought a great sense of fun to any event he attended and I'm sure I speak for many when I express my sorrow at his untimely passing.

A webpage has been set up by his family where details of the funeral will be posted and there is also the option to donate to the Campaign against Living Miserably in his memory. The Forum intends to make a donation to them in memory of Fahad. You can find the webpage below:

https://fahad-sadah.muchloved.com/

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lewlew

Met him a few times and remember that he was a genuinely nice person and great to chat to.

RIP

theblackwatch

Established Member
Very saddened to read this, I met him on a few occasions at forum events. Condolences to his family, RIP.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I don’t think I ever met him but I remember him posting on here. Very sad especially at this time of year. He seemed like a lovely guy.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Very sorry to hear this, I met him a few times and he was always a lovely guy. RIP Fahad.

infobleep

Veteran Member
I don't know if I ever met him but certainly read his posts. My thoughts are with those who did know him. May be rest in peace.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
This is very sad news. I met him a couple of times and he was always a very nice guy. RIP.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I never met him but heard a lot of good things about him from other forum members. He seems to have died at a very young age - very sad.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Such shocking news, I’m lost for words.

I’d met Fahad a number of times, and we became good mates, often chatting on Facebook about other non-rail related stuff. As years gone by, we spoke less, but I always wondered how he was getting on with his degree.

One of the friendliest and nicest people I’ve met from the forum. Rest in peace mate.

Crossover

Established Member
RIP Fahad

The news came as something of a shock on hearing a few days ago - I'm not sure it has entirely sunk in yet :(

Having met on a great number of occasions over, I believe, the last 6.5 years, both at forum events and on our own trips, there are lots of memories from the various outings. Also having a shared interest in technology, this gave us another thing to discuss and exchange ideas - I, for one, gained a much greater understanding of various areas because of it, which I will always be grateful for.

Funnily enough, I have passed Kirkstall Forge station on the morning of both Friday and Saturday just gone, which I believe was the last place I saw you earlier in the year and given a thought on both occasions - the car park was free of ratchet straps on both occasions, however :lol:

Last edited:

alisadah

Thank you very much for all of your kind words, sorry I don't have more to say but I promise our family will forever be grateful for how kind everyone has been.
The burial/memorial details have all been posted on https://fahad-sadah.muchloved.com/ , please all feel free to attend if you would like to say goodbye/pay your respects.

Please let me know if you have any questions :wub:

RJ

Established Member
Only just seen this and very greatly saddened to hear this. Fahad was a friendly and entertaining individual - his stories and experiences were always very interesting.

Sincere condolences, RIP Fahad :(

Last edited:

AntoniC

So sorry to hear this, and having met him a few times at Forum events I comcur with what the others have said.
RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.