• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Safety advice on last night trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_mac

Established Member
Odd i cannot book a day return on Southerns website for 2200 on 28th returning 0042 29th.

Do you have a railcard?

Some websites take the railcard minimum fare literally, and apply it from midnight. Others count returns after midnight as the previous day, and don't apply the minimum fare to those journeys.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Problems with websites meaning only unnecessarily expensive fares are shown? Surely not!

Seems to be a problem with how WebTIS separates out and return journey dates. National Rail Enquiries shows the fares correctly.

An Off Peak Day Travelcard is cheaper than the Anytime Day Return at £8.50 (vs £9.60) and valid any time from 0930 until 0429 the following day. I assume you want to buy online to benefit from some cashback scheme? If so just put in a return the same day, it will be just a valid.

Minor clarification - on buses the Travelcard is valid for trips starting by 0429 (so long as you got on the bus before 0430 you're ok - which can make quite a difference on something like the N9 - get the 0420 from Aldwych, arriving at Heathrow T5 at 0541).

GodAtum

On Moderation
I will be buying a weekly ticket from Saturday - Friday. So I will be able to get a 2am train on the next Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.